MSC Cruises held a steel cutting ceremony for their next generation, state of the art cruise ship MSC Seaside, “the ship that follows the sun,” on Monday. This will be the cruise line’s first ship ever to go straight from the shipyard to the USA.
- 154,000 tons
- 4,140 guests
- Built at Fincantieri’s shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy
- Set to arrive in Miami in December 2017
- Based year-round in Miami
- The MSC Seaside will feature a 360 degree seafront promenade and an aqua park boasting five water slides and other attractions.
- The ship will have an enhanced yacht club with a private solarium, lounge, and pool. The atrium will feature two deck glass walls and the exterior elevators will have panoramic views.
- Another awesome feature will be the open, modular style staterooms. They will be connected and convertible, which enables them to accommodate up to ten people; perfect for larger families or groups. The ship will also feature luxury suites with hanging gardens and private jacuzzis.
Sales for cruises aboard MSC Seaside will start approximately two-years ahead of its inaugural season.