Celebrity’s next generation of cruise ships has officially gone from concept to construction today. The first piece of steel has been cut at the STX France shipyard for the line’s newest and boldest ship.
The vessel will be called Celebrity Edge, befitting for the many design advances of Celebrity’s first new ship class since 2008. The cruise line is also announcing today the name of Edge‘s sister ship – Celebrity Beyond.
Celebrity’s president and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said “We set the bar high for the architects and designers on Edge class, and we were rewarded with a stunning design. Cutting the ship’s first piece of steel is the traditional first step in the shipbuilding process, and I’m excited to see our dreams turn into reality over the next 24 months.”
Celebrity expects Edge be to delivered in fall 2018. Celebrity Beyond is scheduled for delivery in spring of 2020, and the third and fourth ships in the class in fall 2021 and 2022.
- Overview: Visiting Bar Harbor, Maine on a Cruise
- 18 Photos of The Bimini Beach Club & What Cruisers Should Expect
- Review: Chibang! Chinese & Mexican Restaurant on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- 8 Tips, Hacks, and Ways to Save Money on a Carnival Cruise
- Cruise News Today — November 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Grand Cayman Reopens to First Cruise Ship in 20 Months
- Cruise News Today — November 25, 2021 [VIDEO]
- New MSC Seashore Arrives in Jamaica, Docks Beside Sister-Ship
- Cruise News Today — November 24, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Chef Emeril Lagasse Cuts Ribbon on New Carnival Cruise Restaurant