American Cruise Lines announced today the addition of a brand new theme cruise which captures the heart and soul of the classic American summer and are inviting you to cruise on the Mississippi. The Old Fashioned Summertime cruise, offered this summer aboard the new Queen of the Mississippi on July 13 and August 10, will transport guests to a simpler time rooted in laughter, fresh air and relaxing fun. Guests will sip on freshly brewed iced tea or freshly squeezed lemonade, and enjoy ice cream socials and kite flying off the top deck. Other highlights and special events include:
- Afternoon picnic – A classic summer pastime, while in port guests will enjoy a picnic in the sun, complete with checkered picnic cloths and woven baskets fully-loaded with delicious food.
- Cookout on deck– Nothing says American summer like a classic cookout. Guests will enjoy corn on the cob, hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad and soda pop!
- Complimentary copy of The Big Summer Cookbook: 300 fresh, flavorful recipes for those lazy, hazy days – This wonderful recipe book will help guests keep the classic American summer alive, even after their cruise.
- Outdoor movie screening – Guests can look forward to viewing classic films in the evening on the top deck, while enjoying the pleasant summer breeze.
The eight-day cruise on the Mississippi River is from St. Paul to St. Louis, showcasing the scenic upper portion of the river. Known for crisp and pleasant summer weather, its sprawling nature preserves, fascinating lock system and Mark Twain influence, the Upper Mississippi River lends itself to an impressive and refreshing journey through the American Heartland.
Subscribe to our Cruise Updates.
- Why New Cruisers Are To Blame For Higher Fees
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of January 12, 2020
- 180 Day Bucket-List Cruise Setting Sail in 2022
- Weather Delays Impact Two Carnival Cruises
- Cruise Line Sued Over Bed Bug Infestation
- Viking Ocean Cruises is Launching an Expedition Brand
- Viking Ocean Ship Christened in Unique Ceremony
- 10 Scenic Destinations for a Holiday in the Midst of the Deep Blue Sea
- Carnival Ship Skips Two Ports and Makes Unexpected Stop
- The Cruiser’s Guide To Alaskan Train Rides