The Port of Tampa was shut down this morning for a few hours after a K-9 dog had a hit on a pallet of supplies that were to be loaded onto a Royal Caribbean cruise ship, this first reported by WUSF News.
“During a routine cargo screening shortly after 9 a.m. today, a specially-trained K-9 alerted to an item on the Terminal 3 dock near a Royal Caribbean cruise ship,” a Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson said. “A second K-9 was brought in and also alerted to the same item.”
After screening the pallet it was cleared and released. The pallet had nothing on it but liquor that was shipped from the cruise line’s Miami warehouse.
Jewel of the Seas continued embarkation earlier this afternoon and will sail a four-day cruise to Cozumel without interruption.
The Tampa cruise ship terminal operates cruise traffic year-round.
Subscribe to our Cruise Updates.
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 16, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]