We recently polled some Cruise Radio listeners to find out what some of their top cruising tips are. While you may think a lot of these are obvious, a lot are often overlooked.
Top 10 Cruise Tips
1. Attend the Captain’s cocktail party, welcome party or past-passenger party – the drinks are free!
2. Pre-pay everything! Including gratuities, shore excursions, specialty venues, and make sure you buy travel insurance to protect your cruise.
3. Keep the weight off by walking up and down the stairs.
4. Drinks onboard are expensive – take a case of soda/bottled water for the kids in your suitcase save you loads of money onboard and on shore for drinks!
5. Make sure you notify your bank/credit card company that you are going away as they will see transactions from many countries and may block your card.
6. To save money when going ashore, time your return for lunch.
7. Trips and tours operated by the cruise lines are expensive, consider doing it yourself or finding a third party shore excursion company.
8. Take a highlighter pen so when your daily schedule is delivered, you can highlight the activities that you want to do and where to eat; this ensures you get your money’s worth!
9. Don’t forget to take few copies of your passport as well as copies of insurance and important contacts, in case of emergencies.
10. When you embark on the first day – put valuables in your cabin safe, go for the buffet lunch and then a walk around the ship before it gets busy – and en route, find your dining table where you are seated for dinner.
Do you have any tips to add? We’d love to hear and talk about them on the show. Now all you have to do it book, here’s some advice: 7 Tips for Scoring the Best Deal on a Cruise Vacation.
What suggestions do you have?
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.