My day started at 3:30 this morning when I got up and started getting ready to make my way to Jacksonville International Airport to fly to St. Louis, for a unique river boat experience on the Queen of the Mississippi. The boat is actually an authentic paddlewheeler! Think Tom Sawyer.
The Queen of the Mississippi was christened last August in Nashville, Tennessee and sails along the Mississippi River and its tributaries.
My itinerary is going to take me from St. Louis, MO to Davenport, Iowa. The real itinerary will terminates in Minneapolis but I have to jump off half way because of an engagement in South Florida at the end of the week.
Through the next couple of days we’ll explore this ship together and learn:
- How river cruises are unique
- A tour of the ship
- What makes people gravitate towards river cruises
- What kinds of excursions are there
- Food and entertainment
- Sailing down the Mississippi
In the meantime while we’re in transit to the Queen of the Mississippi enjoy a quick video I made at the christening last year in Nashville.
See you on the paddlewheeler!
Subscribe to our Cruise Updates.
- Everything You Need To Know About MSC Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 25, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Disney Cruise Line to Offer ‘Pixar Day at Sea’ on Select 2023 Sailings
- Carnival Jubilee Cruise Bookings Open For Sale
- Carnival Liberty Resumes Sailing From Port Canaveral
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises