Cruise ships heading to the Western Caribbean this week are being thrown a curve ball as Tropical Storm Franklin has formed near the Yucatan Peninsula.
So far, Galveston-based Carnival Breeze, Mobile-based Carnival Fantasy, and Port Canaveral-based Disney Fantasy have had their itineraries impacted.
Tropical Storm Franklin
The Carnival Breeze, which is on a seven-night Western Caribbean itinerary, will skip Cozumel on Tuesday, instead visiting the port on the back end of the cruise. This means the ship will visit Roatan, Belize, and then Cozumel.
The Carnival Fantasy, which is on a five-night Western Caribbean cruise is swapping Costa Maya and Cozumel. The ship will spend Tuesday at sea, followed by Cozumel on Wednesday, and Costa Maya on Thursday.
Read More: 5 Reasons Hurricane Changes are Good
Meanwhile, the Disney Fantasy was forced to skip Cozumel on Monday, but is expected to experience no other itinerary disruptions during the rest of her voyage. This means the ship will continue on to Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Jamaica and then visit the line’s private island, Castaway Cay.
Tropical Storm Franklin is expected to make landfall on the Yucatan Peninsula on Monday evening and strengthen a bit before making landfall on Mexico’s mainland.
- Viking Cruises Cancels Sailings Through August
- Canada Bans Cruise Ships Through October
- Looking Back: Celebrity Cruises Marks 30th Year in Service
- Why I’m Breaking My Cruise Rules to Sail Carnival Mardi Gras
- Cruise Podcast: Mariner of the Seas 2020 Review + News
- Mexico Vows to Welcome Cruise Ship Passengers
- Cruise Line Announces Return To Service For “Quick Getaways”
- Vegas Casinos Give Glimpse of Cruise Line Future
- Cruise Ship Ban in Australia Extended Until September
- Fact Check: Cruise Industry Illness and Cleanliness Standards
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Fact Check: Cruise Industry Illness and Cleanliness Standards
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Vegas Casinos Give Glimpse of Cruise Line Future
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Line Announces Return To Service For “Quick Getaways”
EDITORIAL2 days ago
Why I’m Breaking My Cruise Rules to Sail Carnival Mardi Gras