Cruise ships heading to the Western Caribbean this week are being thrown a curve ball as Tropical Storm Franklin has formed near the Yucatan Peninsula.
So far, Galveston-based Carnival Breeze, Mobile-based Carnival Fantasy, and Port Canaveral-based Disney Fantasy have had their itineraries impacted.
Tropical Storm Franklin
The Carnival Breeze, which is on a seven-night Western Caribbean itinerary, will skip Cozumel on Tuesday, instead visiting the port on the back end of the cruise. This means the ship will visit Roatan, Belize, and then Cozumel.
The Carnival Fantasy, which is on a five-night Western Caribbean cruise is swapping Costa Maya and Cozumel. The ship will spend Tuesday at sea, followed by Cozumel on Wednesday, and Costa Maya on Thursday.
Read More: 5 Reasons Hurricane Changes are Good
Meanwhile, the Disney Fantasy was forced to skip Cozumel on Monday, but is expected to experience no other itinerary disruptions during the rest of her voyage. This means the ship will continue on to Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Jamaica and then visit the line’s private island, Castaway Cay.
Tropical Storm Franklin is expected to make landfall on the Yucatan Peninsula on Monday evening and strengthen a bit before making landfall on Mexico’s mainland.
- World’s Largest Cruise Ship Delivered to Royal Caribbean
- Carnival Australia Restart Pushed Back to June
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]
- Cruise News Today — January 26, 2022 [VIDEO]