Two cruise passengers traveling on Celebrity Summit were killed and several injured in a bus accident today in Tortola. The cause of the collision is still under investigation.
According to local news source BVI News, “Two tourists died this morning when a bus in which they were traveling overturned along the Cane Garden Bay main road on Tortola.”
Royal Caribbean International’s corporate account tweeted out, “We are saddened to report the deaths of two Celebrity Summit guests after a local bus accident in Tortola. Several others are being treated.”
We are saddened to report the deaths of two Celebrity Summit guests after a local bus accident in Tortola. Several others are being treated.
— RCLcorp (@RCLcorp) December 6, 2015
Their twitter account went onto say, “Several guests have been treated and released. We will continue to assist our guests. Departure from Tortola may be delayed.”
The captain of Celebrity Summit is currently at the hospital assisting 16 or the 20 guests who were on the bus.
Celebrity Summit is on her second day of a seven-night Eastern Caribbean cruise. She departed from San Juan, Puerto Rico on Saturday evening.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the passengers, crew and families.
Featured photo: Wiki Commons
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Drink Packages May Be the Biggest Challenge Facing Cruising’s Resumption