Two brand new massive cruise ships will be plying the Caribbean waters in the next couple of weeks.
Anthem of the SeasArriving November 4, Royal Caribbean’s Anthem of the Seas recently left Southampton bound for the NYC area (technically Bayonne, NJ but right across the East River). This will be the largest homeported ship in the NYC area and will offer year-round Caribbean, New England and Bermuda sailings.
Notable features include indoor skydiving, the Northstar observation arm, the live music venue called Music Hall, tech-savvy Two70 theater, 18 dining venues, and RFID wristband technology.
Norwegian EscapeJust down the coast, Norwegian Escape arrives in Port Miami on November 9. At 164,600 gross tons, this ship will be the largest ever to home port year-round in Miami. Norwegian Cruise Line’s Norwegian Escape is the first ship in their Breakaway-plus class.
Notable venues including the first-ever floating Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville restaurant and Miami’s oldest and most legendary bar, Tobacco Road. Norwegian Escape will also feature the 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar, a music venue and outdoor bar on The Waterfront that will feature live nightly performances where guests hear more live music.
Featured photo: SimonChell/Instagram
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of January 10, 2021
- Adventures By Disney To Launch Expedition Cruising In Antarctica, Galapagos
- Oceania Announces Epic 180-Night World Cruise
- 2021 Cruising: Halifax Cruise Port Hopes For Best, Plans For Worst
- Carnival Corp. Celebrates Float-Out of New Ship
- Plugged-In: Electricity To Play Bigger Role In Powering Cruise Ships
- Cruise News Briefs — January 15, 2021 [VIDEO]
- All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
- Celebrity Returns to Mexican Riviera Cruising After 8 Year Hiatus
- Bookings Open For Holland America’s 2022 Alaska Cruises
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Grand Cayman Says Cruise Ships Unlikely To Return in 2021
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Will Cruise From New Homeport Next Winter
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Adventures By Disney To Launch Expedition Cruising In Antarctica, Galapagos