Un-Cruise Adventures confirms six theme departures aboard the 86-guest Safari Endeavour in Alaska this summer with special guest experts in photography, marine biology, ornithology and from two Northwest wineries. Guest experts join the trip for a full week of enrichment activities in addition to regularly scheduled excursions and activities.
Wine: Two tastings and a special dinner during the week feature wines chosen by winery hosts
- June 9: Keith and ReNae Pilgrim, winemaker/owners of family-owned Terra Blanca Winery, located on 300 acres of the Red Mountain Appellation in Eastern Washington
- August 18: Rob Griffin and Deborah Barnard, winemaker/owners of Barnard Griffin Winery, a family-owned Washington winery and a pioneer in the state industry
Photography: Presentations in the lounge and photo tips on the go from a professional photographer
- June 30: Stephen Matera, photographer; this Seattle-based photographer uses his vision for natural landscape photography to create images for outdoor companies and publications such as The New York Times, Microsoft, Time, the Audubon society, and Outside Magazine
- August 4: Wolfgang Kaehler, photographer; Wolfgang travels the world and his photos appear in some of the world’s most prestigious publications–National Geographic, Smithsonian, Audubon and Travel & Leisure
Marine Biology: Presentations in the lounge and opportunity for one-on-one interactions
- July 7: Gary Freitag, marine biologist; an Alaska resident and expert in oceanography and salmon fisheries, and a faculty member in the public service unit of the School of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences Sea Grant Program
Ornithology: Presentations in the lounge and discussions on board and on tours ashore
- July 21: Beth Peluso, avid birder; an Alaska resident and Audubon employee with experience as a field technician on various bird research projects around the country
From June through August 2013, the Safari Endeavour sails the Discoverers’ Glacier Country itinerary roundtrip Juneau, Alaska exploring Glacier Bay National Park, Icy Strait, Chichagof Island, Baranof Island, Frederick Sound, Stephen’s Passage, Ford’s Terror Wilderness and Endicott Arm, and either Thomas Bay or Windham Bay. Guests spend two exclusive days inside Glacier Bay exploring the park by land and sea with a park ranger.
Source: Un-Cruise Adventures
Subscribe to our Cruise Updates.