In Spring 2014, Uniworld Boutique River Cruises proudly announces the launching of a new Super Ship, the S.S. Catherine, on the Rhône and Saône rivers in Burgundy and Provence. Uniworld’s River Royale, currently sailing these rivers, will move to her new home in France’s breathtaking Bordeaux region. The River Royale, as well the River Empress , sailing Uniworld’s popular European Jewels program between Amsterdam and Budapest will undergo major remodels with the same signature touches for which Uniworld ships are known.
Committed to building and remodeling ships that define the absolute best in luxury cruising, Uniworld combines quality craftsmanship and the latest technical innovations with the most luxurious custom designed interiors. The new Super Ship, S.S. Catherine, will continue this tradition of excellence. Sharing the same exquisite standards and scrupulous attention to detail reflective throughout the company’s award-winning fleet, the S.S. Catherine will be meticulously crafted and uniquely designed by the renowned design team of Uniworld’s sister company, the Red Carnation Hotel Collection—a collection of five-star award-winning boutique hotels.
The S.S. Catherine will be similar to the S.S. Antoinette, and will be one of the company’s largest ships at 443 ft. long. According to Guy Young, President of Uniworld, “As we did with the S.S. Antoinette, we have used the additional space on the S.S. Catherine to create innovative public areas and extra spacious staterooms and suites for our guests. Uniworld carries fewer guests than our competitors and the S.S. Catherine will have a 159 total passenger capacity, with five suites at 305 sq. ft. and one Royal suite at 410 sq. ft.” All suites and staterooms on the top deck will feature full open-air private balconies, which convert to enclosed conservatories with the touch of a switch—an innovation developed by Uniworld on the S.S. Antoinette. Staterooms on the middle deck will feature French balconies. All suites and staterooms will have Uniworld’s one-of-a-kind touches such as handcrafted Savoir® of England beds and beautiful marble bathrooms.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]
- Cruise News Today — January 26, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Everything You Need To Know About MSC Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 25, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Disney Cruise Line to Offer ‘Pixar Day at Sea’ on Select 2023 Sailings
- Carnival Jubilee Cruise Bookings Open For Sale
- Carnival Liberty Resumes Sailing From Port Canaveral
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships