Princess Cruises newest cruise ship Royal Princess completed another milestone on Thursday as she was floated out of her building dock in Fincantieri shipyard in Italy.
Princess President and CEO Alan Buckelew and Royal Princess Captain Tony Draper attended the event, as did long-time Princess master Captain Nick Nash and his daughter, Victoria, who served as the ship’s godmother (pictured right).
The two-day float-out process involves slowly letting water into the building dock until the ship floats. The ship is then moved to the outfitting dock where final construction, interior outfitting and eventually sea-trials will take place.
The 3,600-guest Royal Princess is set to debut in June 2013.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review