The latest Behind the Scenes: Carnival Vista takes viewers into a unique look at what will become one of the ship’s most popular attractions. It’s called SkyRide, and it’s like a mix between a bicycle and a rollercoaster – high up in the sky.
Host Peter Gonzalez shows viewers a taste of what it will be like to ride the SkyRide, which will be capable of reaching speeds of 25 mph across its 800-foot track. He treks to Minnesota, where he talks with the SkyRide’s inventor Scott Olson, who also created the first rollerblades. Then Gonzalez heads to Italy, to interview Matteo de Stauber at the Fincantieri shipyard, where the ship is being built to discuss the unique challenges of building this attraction on a moving ocean-bound ship.
Carnival Vista will debut on May 1 and do a series of cruises in the Mediterranean through October. After that, she will head to New York for a pair of voyages, then down to Miami for year-round Caribbean sailings in November.
Visit carnival.com/carnivalvista for more information on this upcoming ship.
- 2022 State of the Cruise Industry Outlook Report Released
- Cruise News Today — January 28, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Sky Princess Review + Cruise News
- Holland America Details Special Cruise For Rotterdam Naming
- World’s Largest Cruise Ship Delivered to Royal Caribbean
- Carnival Australia Restart Pushed Back to June
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing