Holland America Line’s fifth “Countdown to Koningsdam” video in a series of short videos that detail the highlights and progress of their newest ship, ms Koningsdam is out, and it features The Dining Room. The ship nears delivery, and is set to debut this April.
Hosted by the ship’s inaugural cruise director Johnathan Rogers, Episode 5 features the cruise line’s Senior VP of Guest Experience and Product Development, Michael Smith. Smith brings guests a sneak peek of what’s to come in Koningsdam’s main dining venue. Holland America’s president, Orlando Ashford, said “The restaurant is an impressive work of art, and it’s the perfect venue for our guests to enjoy fine dining with Holland America Line.”
The main dining room will feature a modern, bright design with sunny yellow walls. It also features expansive windows with impressive ocean views, and in the evening, the yellow will turn to a darker shade of amber for a elegance evening ambiance. The room will have a curved design and reflect the strings of a harp, and include a curved staircase that connects the two dining levels. The centerpiece of The Dining Room is a champagne gold wine tower. Throughout, the room will also feature hand-blown glass chandeliers.
The menu in The Dining Room will feature the cruise line’s classic and signature dishes, as well as regionally inspired cuisine and Culinary Council recipes from world-famous chefs.
Future videos in “Countdown to Koningsdam” will feature the ship’s recent sea trials, crew duties, the Music Walk entertainment area, and additional details about onboard dining. Stay tuned!
To watch “Countdown to Koningsdam” videos, click here.
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 23, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 16, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant