American passengers are officially sailing with Viking again.
The cruise line welcomed passengers back onboard for the first time in 15 months today, as Viking Orion begins eight-night voyages from Hamilton, Bermuda.
Offered as part of Viking’s ‘Welcome Back’ collection of cruises, the eight-night Bermuda Escape itinerary will be offered eight times this summer. The voyages include scenic sailing around the British island territory, as well as an overnight call in King’s Wharf.
“Today is an extraordinary milestone as the world continues to reopen for international travel. On behalf of the entire Viking family, we are delighted to welcome our loyal American guests back on board,” said Torstein Hagen, Chairman of Viking.
“We applaud the government of Bermuda for its collaboration and support as we have restarted our operations. Bermuda has been a favorite destination among our guests since our ocean ships began calling there in 2017, and we look forward to introducing even more Viking guests to the island’s history, culture and phenomenal natural beauty.”
Viking successfully resumed cruises in May, and has been sailing in England with British guests since May 22. Later this month, the line will launch more ocean sailings around Iceland and the Mediterranean.
In July, Viking will restart European river cruises with select itineraries in Portugal, France, and along the Rhine.
Those who sail with Viking for its Welcome Back cruises will experience the line’s new health and safety program. The Viking Health & Safety Program utilizes a full-scale laboratory on every Viking ocean ship, and a strong network of shoreside labs for its river ships in Europe.
Throughout each voyage, all passengers and crew will receive frequent non-invasive saliva PCR tests. As well, ships feature new air purification technology, and cruises will include increased sanitization and physical distancing measures.
READ NEXT: Florida vs CDC Lawsuit Drags On
- Cruise Line’s New LNG Flagship Completes Sea Trials
- Cruise News Today — October 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Releases Protocols For Cruises From U.S. Through November
- MSC Cruises Launches Design Contest For Hull of Upcoming Ship
- CDC Extends Conditional Sailing Order Into January 2022
- Viking Cruise Ship Makes Inaugural Call in St. Kitts
- More Dining Details Revealed for Upcoming Disney Cruise Ship
- Cruise Ship Rescues 8 People Off the Coast of Florida [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Resumes Sailings From Los Angeles
- Royal Caribbean CEO: ‘It’s Time to Focus on the Future’