Currently celebrating their 20th anniversary, Viking Cruises has been voted the Best River Cruise Line by Condé Nast Traveler in the publication’s 2017 Readers’ Choice Awards. The line has scored in the top o the list every year since the river cruise category was introduced. Also, after only two years of ocean cruises, Viking was again named one of the Best Ocean Cruise Lines.
Over 300,000 readers submitted millions of ratings and more than 100,000 comments as part of the 30th annual readers’ choice survey.
20 Years of Tradition
Acclaimed for their innovation, modern Scandinavian design, inclusive value, and destination-focused offerings, for the past 20 years Viking has amassed awards from industry experts and the travel trade. In the last year, Viking was named the #1 ocean cruise line in Travel + Leisure’s 2017 World’s Best Awards, and Town & Country named Viking’s ocean cruises “best for Design” and “Best Overall, Contemporary Luxury” in the magazine’s recent Cruise Awards. The company’s ocean ships won the top two placements in almost every category they were eligible in Cruise Critic’s 2017 Cruisers’ Choice Awards, including “Best Overall” and “Best for First-Timer.” The line and its ships have also been given a number of other honors.
As Viking rounds out their 20th anniversary year, they also close on 12 months of significant expansion. Earlier this year, the company welcomed two new Viking Longships on Europe’s rivers, their third ocean ship Viking Sky this past spring, and their fourth ocean vessel Viking Sun this month. Their fifth ship will join the fleet in 2018, and a sixth sister ship will be delivered in 2019. The line also has orders for two more sister ocean ships to debut in 2021 and 2022.
From now through October 31, 2017, Viking is offering US residents 2 for 1 cruise fares on select 2017 and 2019 ocean and river cruise itineraries, with more savings on international air. Call Viking or contact your travel agent for more information.
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 15, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program
- CDC’s Conditional Sail Order Now Voluntary — What Happens Next?
- Norwegian Ends Cruise Mid-Voyage, Ship Returns to New York City
- Looking Back: Ten Years After Costa Concordia
- Cruise News Today — January 14, 2022 [VIDEO]