Beating a record that only they held, Viking River Cruises christened four new longships on Wednesday afternoon. The christening of the four new Viking Longships represents the first time in modern history that four cruise ships have been christened at once, with Viking Odin and Viking Idun christened in Amsterdam and Viking Njord and Viking Freya christened via satellite from the Neptun shipyard in Germany.
The ceremony concluded with an onboard dinner and maiden voyage cruise around the Amsterdam harbor.
Viking Longships integrate comfortable amenities that reflect guest preferences and current travel trends, such as: heated in-cabin floors, Sony flatscreen HD TV’s, indoor/outdoor terrace, and staterooms with floor to ceiling glass windows for the ultimate balcony view.
Source: Viking River Cruises
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review