Viking has announced that it plans to resume limited cruise operations with three domestic UK sailings beginning in May 2021.
The voyages will be limited to UK residents, and are possible due to a signal from the Government of the United Kingdom that it would allow the resumption of domestic cruises beginning in May.
Passengers on these new domestic UK voyages will be among the first to sail onboard Viking’s newest ocean ship, Viking Venus, which will be delivered in April. The vessel will operate a new eight-night ‘England’s Scenic Shores’ itinerary, which will sail roundtrip from Portsmouth.
Departures are scheduled for May 22 and 29, and June 5, 2021.
This hopeful news of a UK restart, though limited, comes on the heels of Viking’s decision to extend its global cruise pause through May 31, 2021. Aside from these UK sailings, all other previously scheduled departures through May 31 remain canceled.
Health and Safety
Travelers onboard will experience Viking’s new health and safety program, which has been developed in partnership with an international team of scientific and medical advisors.
Since the industry shutdown, a full-scale laboratory has been installed on every Viking ocean cruise ship, and each day all guests and crew will receive quick and non-invasive saliva PCR tests. In addition, new air purification technology has been installed on all Viking ships.
Additional health checks, sanitization, and physical distancing measures will provide further protection for Viking guests and crew during all points of the journey.
About Viking Venus
Viking Venus will be the same size as all of her other ocean sister ships, coming in at around 48,000 gross tons and holding 930 passengers. All cabins on the ship have balconies, as well as large bathrooms with in-floor heating and anti-fogging mirrors.
The vessel features a variety of dining venues, including The Restaurant — the ship’s main dining room with no set dining times, the World Café buffet, the casual Pool Grill, and Manfredi’s — a complimentary Italian restaurant.
When it comes to relaxing, passengers enjoy the complimentary thermal suite in the spa, as well as the aft infinity pool and a variety of lounges and bars.
READ MORE: Viking Announces New Nile River Cruise Ship
- Cruise Line’s New LNG Flagship Completes Sea Trials
- Cruise News Today — October 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Releases Protocols For Cruises From U.S. Through November
- MSC Cruises Launches Design Contest For Hull of Upcoming Ship
- CDC Extends Conditional Sailing Order Into January 2022
- Viking Cruise Ship Makes Inaugural Call in St. Kitts
- More Dining Details Revealed for Upcoming Disney Cruise Ship
- Cruise Ship Rescues 8 People Off the Coast of Florida [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Resumes Sailings From Los Angeles
- Royal Caribbean CEO: ‘It’s Time to Focus on the Future’