In honor of National Chocolate Day, I decided to try my hand at making Carnival’s Warm Chocolate Melting Cake at home.
- 7 oz semisweet chocolate
- 7 oz butter
- 6 eggs
- 3 oz sugar
- 4 oz flour
- Melt chocolate and butter together.
- Mix half of eggs and sugar and whisk for a few minutes. Add flour. Then add rest of the eggs.
- Add egg mix to the melted chocolate mix.
- Pour mixture in individual ramekin cups.
- Bake in oven at 390 degrees (200 celsius) for 15-20 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle top with powdered sugar and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
Step By Step
- The first step is to melt the butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips together. For me, that took about three sets of 20 seconds in the microwave, stirring in between sets.
2. Next, you mix half of the eggs and all of the sugar and whisk for a minute or so, and then add the flour, then the rest of the eggs.
3. After that, you add the egg mix to the chocolate mix. Then pour them into ramekin bowls.
4. Then, put them in a 390 degree oven. The recipe says to bake for 15-20 minutes, but I did less than that and I still think it was too much. I’d recommend checking them at 12-13 minutes first.
5. Next, you sprinkle them with powdered sugar and serve with a scoop of ice cream! Bon appétit!
There are different variations of this recipe from the kind of chocolate you can use to the amount of eggs. I pulled this one from Food.com.
Since we can’t always be on a cruise, this is the next best thing!
- The Unexpected “Perk” Norwegian Is Giving Cancelled Cruisers
- Royal Caribbean Delays New Cruise Ship Until 2021
- European Cruise Line Cancels Sailings Through March 2021
- Carnival Cruise Ship Assists Stranded Vessel in Bahamas
- Cruise Experiences You Could Pay More For In The Future
- The Carnival Cruises You’ll Be Taking In 2022
- Cruise Ships Leave Asia for North America
- Last Major Cruise Line Cancels 2020 Alaska Sailings
- First Carnival Corp. Ship Sold Off During Shutdown
- Why Avoiding Chartered Cruises Is A Good Idea (For Now)
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
First Carnival Corp. Ship Sold Off During Shutdown
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Cruise Ship Assists Stranded Vessel in Bahamas
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
The Carnival Cruises You’ll Be Taking In 2022
CRUISE NEWS22 hours ago
The Unexpected “Perk” Norwegian Is Giving Cancelled Cruisers