Windstar Cruises has announced that it has postponed sailings on four of its yachts.
In an email, the cruise line said that it is “carefully assessing multiple factors impacting our timing to resume operations,” and that “with the information we have today on COVID-related travel restrictions and government regulations, some uncertainties remain.”
The line says that it will restart cruise operations in a phased manner, with initial voyages having reduced onboard capacity, some modified itineraries, and enhanced health and safety protocols.
Two yachts will be resuming on June 19 as scheduled: Star Breeze and Wind Star. The recently renovated Star Breeze will return to sailing with a seven-night Caribbean cruise roundtrip from St. Maarten. Port calls will include St. Bart’s, Tortola, Jost Van Dyke, Virgin Gorda, and Anguilla.
Wind Star will return with a seven-night voyage roundtrip from Athens, Greece. Calls will include Mykonos, Kusadasi, Patmos, Santorini, Monemvasia, and Nafplio.
The other four yachts’ return to sailing dates have been pushed back:
- Wind Spirit will now return to sailing on July 15, 2021 in Tahiti.
- Wind Surf will return to cruising on August 8, 2021 in the Mediterranean.
- Star Legend will resume voyages on September 4, 2021 in Northern Europe.
- Star Pride will resume cruises on November 3, 2021 in the Caribbean.
Passengers who were booked on cruises aboard the four latter ships that are now canceled will receive a 125 percent Future Cruise Credit that can be applied to a new sailing within two years of its issue date. It may take up to four weeks for guests to receive their Future Cruise Credit certificate.
Those that want a full refund instead can then choose that option once the Future Cruise Credit has applied to their account. They’ll also have 24 months from the date of issue to request a refund.
- Cruise News Today — October 20, 2021 [VIDEO]
- All Celebrity Edge-Class Ships to Sail in Europe in 2023
- MSC Prepares to Welcome International Cruise Guests on U.S. Sailings
- Makeup Ideas For Themed Cruise Ship Deck Parties
- Princess Cruises Offers 50% Off Deal For First Responders & Medical Professionals
- Cruise News Today — October 19, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Two More Caribbean Islands
- Cruise Line Rolls Out Sports Betting in Recent App Update
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Princess Cays
- Final Thoughts: 9 Pros and Cons of Majestic Princess