Windstar Cruises has announced that it has postponed sailings on four of its yachts.
In an email, the cruise line said that it is “carefully assessing multiple factors impacting our timing to resume operations,” and that “with the information we have today on COVID-related travel restrictions and government regulations, some uncertainties remain.”
The line says that it will restart cruise operations in a phased manner, with initial voyages having reduced onboard capacity, some modified itineraries, and enhanced health and safety protocols.
Two yachts will be resuming on June 19 as scheduled: Star Breeze and Wind Star. The recently renovated Star Breeze will return to sailing with a seven-night Caribbean cruise roundtrip from St. Maarten. Port calls will include St. Bart’s, Tortola, Jost Van Dyke, Virgin Gorda, and Anguilla.
Wind Star will return with a seven-night voyage roundtrip from Athens, Greece. Calls will include Mykonos, Kusadasi, Patmos, Santorini, Monemvasia, and Nafplio.
The other four yachts’ return to sailing dates have been pushed back:
- Wind Spirit will now return to sailing on July 15, 2021 in Tahiti.
- Wind Surf will return to cruising on August 8, 2021 in the Mediterranean.
- Star Legend will resume voyages on September 4, 2021 in Northern Europe.
- Star Pride will resume cruises on November 3, 2021 in the Caribbean.
Passengers who were booked on cruises aboard the four latter ships that are now canceled will receive a 125 percent Future Cruise Credit that can be applied to a new sailing within two years of its issue date. It may take up to four weeks for guests to receive their Future Cruise Credit certificate.
Those that want a full refund instead can then choose that option once the Future Cruise Credit has applied to their account. They’ll also have 24 months from the date of issue to request a refund.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Senators Launch ‘CRUISE Act’ Bill To Override CDC, Return Cruising By July 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies