Seattle, January 11, 2012 – Windstar Cruises, which operates a fleet of three luxury sailing yachts that explore hidden harbors and secluded coves of the world’s most treasured destinations, offers a new Islands of Italy voyage featuring some of Europe’s most exclusive islands.
Discover Italy as you never have before, experiencing it as locals do on Windstar’s Islands of Italy voyages. Cruising round-trip from Rome, see the best of the past and present. Visit the island of Ischia, the ruins of Pompeii near Sorrento, stunning waters and stalwart citadels of Lipari, sail around the Stromboli Volcano in the Tyrrhenian Sea, enjoy the sun-kissed charms of Port Cervo on Sardinia, and Corsica’s beautiful Porto Vecchio where ancient cobblestone streets host fashionable shops and cafes.
Islands of Italy sailings depart April 21, 28; August 4; October 6, 2012. As a featured itinerary in Windstar’s Europe Sail & Stay Packages, guests can receive two-for-one cruise fares starting from $2,199 per person, double occupancy, plus two free hotel nights in Rome, when they book an Islands of Italy voyage by February 24, 2012.
Guests can upgrade their Sail & Stay Package to a Windstar Land Package before or after their Islands of Italy voyage. The Land Package includes multi-day, private tours of top cultural and historical venues in Rome including Venice Square, Imperial Palaces, Coliseum, Circus Maximus, Vatican Museums, St. Peter’s Basilica, and Square of St. Peter. A professional, English-speaking tour guide, private transportation, and tour entrance fees are also included in the package.
Shore excursions offered on Islands of Italy which can be booked in advance include:
- Ischia, Italy: Ischia Island Tour – Discover resort areas of Ischia Porto and Casamicciola, charming Lacco Ameno, seafront promenade of Forio, views of the Sant’Angelo fishing village, and the Castello Argonese.
- Lipari, Italy: Lipari Highlights – Visit a castle with mighty Spanish walls, archeological sites, the Aeolian Archeological Museum and view the infamous Faraglioni rocks.
- Porto Cervo, Italy: Costa Smeralda – Tour the Emerald Coast and explore the archaeological site of Coddu Vecchiu and the small village of the Baia Sardinia.
- Porto Cervo, Italy: Costa Smeralda and Wine Tasting – Begin with wine tasting at Vigne Surrau, a vineyard located on a hillside above the sea, explore Baja Sardinia, and enjoy a guided tour of Porto Cervo.
- Porto Vecchio, France: Bonifacio Scenic Sights and Little Train – See the medieval city of Bonifaco, enjoy a ride on the Little Train to view the Citadel and Old Genoese town, and finish with a guided walk.
- Sorrento, Italy: Boat Tour to Positano – Take a private motorboat ride along the coast to Positano, once a sleepy fishing village and home to renowned artists, which feature Moorish-style houses set in luxurious gardens.
- Sorrento, Italy: Pompeii – Journey to the ruins of Pompeii, perfectly preserved since the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in AD 79 and gain insight into lives of ancient Romans.
Contact your local travel agent for more details.
Source: Windstar Cruises