Princess Cruises is bringing its very first French Restaurant to North American guests, and the venue comes with quite the entrance. The La Mer restaurant menu is created by Three-Michelin Star chef, Emmanuel Renaut.
About the Chef
Renaut isn’t just known for his Michelin Stars either (I know, what more could a chef ask for?), he also holds the prestigious title of “Meilleur Ouvrier de France” (MOF). The title translates to One of Best Craftsmen of France and is an incredibly high honor. The world-renowned chef will be taking those awarded “craftsmen” skills and using them to bring you the exciting new flavors of La Mer.
About La Mer
Making its American debut on the new Sky Princess in December 2019, La Mer was first introduced onboard Majestic Princess in 2017 and was met with rave reviews. As they make their way to the ship’s atrium, Sky Princess guests will have the opportunity to escape to the French Alps and indulge in casual, bistro-style dining.
“The new La Mer dishes I’ve designed for Sky Princess are inspired to satisfy every palate by bringing retro French classics and blending favorite ingredients with fresh and unique touches to make each dish memorable,” said Chef Renaut.
Coming in at $35 per person, menu options will include:
- Filet de Boeuf Poelé, Compotée d’ Ognons Doux, Jus au Vin Rouge, Frites (Beef filet mignon, sweet onions sauté, red wine jus, hand cut fries)
- Quenelles de Vivaneau et St. Jacques, Salpicon de Homard et Jus des Carcasses (Red snapper & scallop mousseline, lobster morsels, and lemongrass lobster sauce)
- Mont Blanc ‘’Marron-Myrtilles” (Sweet chestnut, blueberry gel, vanilla cream bavarois)
If Sky Princess just isn’t on your docket for next year, the restaurant will also be available on Enchanted Princess, which debuts out of Rome in June of 2020 before repositioning to Ft. Lauderdale in December of 2020.
What are your thought on the new restaurant?
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
- Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021
- Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
- Do I Need A Passport To Cruise?
- When is the Best Time To Cruise Alaska?
- What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
- Princess Cruises Sells Two Cruise Ships
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
EDITORIAL2 days ago
The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021