A week after Carnival Corporation announced that Carnival Cruise Line and AIDA cruise brands are moving into China, the corporation announced on Wednesday that they’re creating a cruise brand exclusive to China, under a joint venture. This will be Carnival Corporation’s 11th cruise line, second new cruise line this year.
Under the structure of the new joint venture, Carnival Corporation & plc and CSSC, the largest shipbuilder in China, plan to purchase and operate cruise ships as part of what is expected to be the first multi-ship fleet sailing for a domestic Chinese cruise brand.
Carnival Corporation will hold 40 percent and CSSC will hold 60 percent. Carnival will operate the new cruise line.
Right now details on the ships, tonnage, and fleet size are contingent on market research. Potential plans could include the purchase of both new and existing cruise ships to homeport in China.
The cruise line is not yet named.
Costa Cruises and Princess Cruises will sail year-round in the Chinese market in 2017, making Carnival Corporation & plc the first company to operate four cruise brands in China.
- CDC Releases Simulated Sailings Details and How Cruise Lines Can Avoid Them Entirely
- Celebrity’s Galapagos Islands Cruises To Resume This Summer
- How Princess Cruises Will Change Dining When Sailings Restart — Will Other Lines Follow?
- Holland America Reveals Summer Sailings, Still Hopes for Alaska Cruises
- Schedule Released For 2023 Canada & New England Princess Cruises
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — May 5, 2021 [VIDEO]
- First Look: The Big Change Coming to Carnival Cruise Line’s Entire Fleet
- Norwegian Guests Won’t Be Restricted To Cruise Line Shore Excursions
- UnCruise Adventures To Sail From Alaska Sooner Than Planned
- Another American River Cruise Ship Set To Resume Sailings
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
‘We Need to Start Sailing Again’ Says Carnival Cruise Line Exec at Galveston Port Rally
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Two Carnival Cruise Line Ships Return to Galveston [Photos]
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
MSC Cruises Announces Crew Vaccination Program
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Vaccines for Florida Port Employees, Cruise Ship Crew, Put Us Closer to Sailing Again