Over the past couple of months, several cruise ships have received perfect health scores of 100 from the United States Public Health Department. They are:
- Princess Cruises – Ruby Princess on December 3
- Holland America – Koningsdam on December 20
- Carnival Cruise Line – Carnival Sunshine on December 21
- Windstar Sail Cruises – Star Legend on December 23
- Holland america – Eurodam on January 14
The routine inspections are part of the Vessel Sanitation Program, which is required for all passenger ships that call in a US port. They are carried out twice a year for every cruise ship. Scores are based on a checklist in dozens of areas, including hygiene, food sanitation, water, galley cleanliness, and shipboard personnel.