As part of a $300-million brand enhancement initiative, Holland America is planning exciting enhancements to its top staterooms with new furnishings, décor, amenities and upgrades for all suites on the line’s Signature-, Vista- and R-Class ships.
First Ships to Get
The first ships to undergo the suite transformation will be ms Eurodam in December and ms Oosterdam in April 2016, followed by ms Nieuw Amsterdam, ms Westerdam, ms Zuiderdam and ms Noordam. Additionally, ms Amsterdam, ms Rotterdam, ms Volendam and ms Zaandam will receive the suite enhancements as they head into their scheduled dry docks.
Main Living Areas
- Lounge chairs and desk chair
- New sofa
- New headboard
- New carpet
- Privacy curtain, drapery, bed runner and bed skirt
- A new quartz stone top on the desk, dresser, nightstands and makeup vanity, along with new vanity lighting, enhance the cosmetic transformation.
- Bedside LED lights that facilitate late-night reading
- USB outlet added to the bed’s headboard
- Upgraded electrical outlets and a lighted closet rod that makes it easy to select the day’s attire
- Interactive television system also is set for installation, with complimentary movies on demand, as well as easy access to the daily program and shipboard information including restaurant overviews, spa services and guest billing.
A wall of designer glass tile serves as a backdrop to the new vanity area that includes new stone tops, modern faucets and under-mount sinks. Other enhancements include new contemporary mirrors with integrated side-by-side LED lighting, stylish floor tiles, as well as a nightlight which enables guests to easily find their way in the dark.
Starting in January 2016, all suites across the fleet will receive new amenities to complement the strong offering of amenities that already includes priority embarkation, disembarkation and tender service; exclusive use of the Neptune Lounge for Pinnacle and Neptune Suite guests; private breakfast service in the Pinnacle Grill; and complimentary laundry and dry cleaning services. New additions feature a premium duvet, superior bathrobes and slippers, Bose docking station, binoculars for use during the voyage, complimentary mimosas with in-suite breakfast and an in-suite coffee and espresso machine.
Photos: Holland America