Carnival Cruise Line’s Carnival Dream just emerged from dry dock where she received quite the number of upgrades. The usual cosmetic and hotel maintenance occurred, like new carpeting, lighting, and wall coverings. In addition to that, though, the following venues were added to the ship:
- Alchemy Bar replaced the Plaza Bar at Ocean Plaza. The cocktail pharmacy-themed bar features mixologists dressed in lab coats who “prescribe” creative concoctions.
- Pizzeria del Capitano replaced Carnival Deli. Here, guests can enjoy five variety of hand-tossed pizza, free of charge 24 hours a day.
- Carnival Deli moved to the inside of the Lido Restaurant.
- Guy’s Burger Joint replaced Off the Grill. The popular poolside venue features made-to-order burgers with an extensive toppings bar.
- BlueIguana Cantina replaced the Pizzeria. This Mexican eatery features freshly made burritos and tacos with a large toppings and salsa bar.
- Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que replaced Oceanside Barbecue. The open-air venue offers a variety of barbecue favorites like chicken, smoked sausage, port butt, beef, and traditional sides.
- Bonsai Sushi is a full-service sushi place that offers sashimi, sushi, rolls, and more along with popular beers and cocktails from the region.
The recent additions complement the Dream‘s wide variety of onboard offerings, like the WaterWorks aqua park, Serenity adults-only area, the indoor/outdoor live music venue Ocean Plaza, and the Cloud 9 Spa.
Following the dry dock in Freeport, Bahamas, the 130,000-ton ship resumed its schedule of cruises from New Orleans, Louisiana to the eastern and western Caribbean, as well as its Bahamas/Florida route.