For Holland America’s Eurodam, 13 has proven to be a lucky number. The ship recently earned its whopping 13th consecutive perfect health score on a surprise inspection. This is the third perfect score for the ship this year, and continues its impressive six-year run of perfect scores of 100. This is a record not only in company history, but in the cruise industry as a whole.
Eurodam‘s United States Public Health inspection was held on December 3 during a turnaround at Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, Florida at the beginning of a seven-day Caribbean cruise. Sister ships Koningsdam and Oosterdam also achieved perfect scores this year, in March.
Over the past four years, Holland America ships have achieved perfect scores of 100 over 22 times. CDC inspections were introduced in the early 1970s and are required for all passenger ships that call in a US port. They are unannounced and are carried out twice a year. The score is on a scale from 0-100 and is assigned on the basis of a checklist with dozens of areas of assessment, including sanitation of food, galley cleanliness, water, shipboard personnel, and the vessel as a whole.
For more about Eurodam, check out our series of Sea Blogs from a recent cruise aboard the ship here.
- Virgin Voyages Cancels November 2020 Cruises
- Skagway, Alaska Cruise Port Guide
- Cruise Industry Voices Beg CDC Not To Extend No Sail Order
- Carnival’s New Mega Cruise Ship Begins Sea Trials [PHOTOS]
- 5 Most European Cities In North America To Visit on a Cruise
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of September 20, 2020
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
EDITORIAL5 days ago
The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
BEFORE YOU CRUISE4 days ago
Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know