So, you’re thinking about planning a cruise? If you’ve never sailed before, you’re absolutely going to love it (I’ve been smitten for 6 years now). If you’ve sailed before, you’re absolutely going to love it and you already know it.
It’s a tough job choosing your next cruise, so here are 5 Glorious reasons why I think you should take your next cruise on the Carnival Glory.
1. Food, food and food.
Did I mention the food? Cruises are known for their food and the Carnival Glory definitely upped the food game. There are so many amazing choices and not nearly enough hours in the day to eat them all. Some of my faves are:
- Guy’s Burgers – topped with that super melty cheese, a comprehensive toppings bar and those fries
- Blue Iguana Cantina – Homemade tacos and burritos, complete with a phenomenal salsa bar
- Pirate Pizza – don’t love the name, but love that every pizza is cooked fresh and with buffalo mozzarella (I highly recommend the Quattro Formaggi) and available 24/7
- Punchliner Comedy Brunch – the jury’s still out on the comedy part of this, but the food gets a standing ovation. Lots of different options with fun and flair, this southwestern flavored food is a huge hit (check out the menu here).
2. Fun Ship 2.0.
Yes, technically the food above falls under the Fun Ship 2.0 makeover, but there was more to 2.0 than just food. With the addition of the Red Frog and Blue Iguana bars, the Lido deck didn’t just get 2 awesome new bars, it got a whole new laid, back open vibe with an open, welcoming layout and flow. Down on Promenade, the EA Sports Bar broadcasts all kinds of sports events – football, soccer, basketball – and serves up warm soft pretzels too! I could go on and on, but the fun folks at Carnival did all that work for me (click here for all the details and then book the Glory to check them out).
3. The Cruise Director and Entertainment Staff
No one can make you have fun or enjoy your vacation – that’s totally up to you. But I think the right cruise director can help you find the fun and the Carnival Glory’s got one of the best.
Josh Waitzman, a self-described vacation funmeister of awesomeness, and his entertainment team have one goal – to give you the funnest, best vacation ever. Don’t be surprised to see one of them leading 200 guests in singing and dancing during Motown Name that Song. Or breaking down the Cupid Shuffle on the Lido Deck. Or hanging out with you on Promenade and asking how your vacation’s going. Or saying good-bye as you head home from the best week of your life. So why not let the fun experts give you the vacation you deserve?
4. Tons of itinerary options.
Carnival Glory’s got you covered from Canada to the Caribbean. A cruise ship picking you up at your front door would be so awesome – and entirely unfeasible for most of the country. Coming close – sailing from Miami, Norfolk, New York and Boston – the Carnival Glory gives you that closer to home option all year long. She winters in Miami rotating weekly between Eastern and Western Caribbean routes. She summers in the Cape, offering New England runs from both Boston and New York in addition to some Bahamian runs from Norfolk.
5. Extraordinary Entertainment.
Game shows. Comedy. Big Screen Movies. Playlist Productions. No matter your preference, the Carnival Glory’s got your entertainment need more than covered. Bored just doesn’t exist on this Fun Ship.
Ever wanted to slide a giant Sorry! game piece for the chance to win fabulous prizes in front a studio audience? Or watch your favorite football team on the Seaside Theatre while sitting in hot tub? Maybe it’s checking out an interactive, musical production? Perhaps catching a comedy show?
There you have it. My top 5 reasons to sail the Carnival Glory (ok, it’s really more than 5 reasons, but it’s an awesome ship). So get out there and have your best week ever.
Sarah Phillips is a freelance writer and editor. She loves wandering the world in search of adventure and a great story. She can be reached at [email protected].
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- New Royal Caribbean Ship Features Southern Dining, 20+ Restaurants
- Uncertain Future For Crystal Cruises as Parent Company Sinks Under Debt
- Holland America Extends Cancellation Policy through September 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 19, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings