Viking Cruises has announced their 2019 Ocean & River Voyages, which provide guests the unique chance to explore Europe’s rivers on a longship before setting sail to Scandinavia on one of the line’s ocean vessels. Debuting in May 2019, the Grand European & Viking Fjords itinerary will sail Budapest to Bergen, combining the line’s popular 15-day Grand European Tour cruise on the Rhine and Danube Rivers between Budapest and Amsterdam – with the 8-day Viking Shores & Fjords ocean itinerary, which sails the North Sea, between Amsterdam and Bergen. The cruise line will also offer additional departures of the 15-day Rhine & Viking Shores & Fjords combination itinerary, which debuts in June 2018.
Ocean & River Voyages
Starting in June 2018, Viking’s first two combination cruises will set sail. With the new ocean and river voyages, guests can experience both sailing on the river aboard a Viking longship, as well as sailing the high seas on a larger ocean ship. Highlights include:
- Grand European & Viking Fjords – Budapest – Bergen; May 26, 2019; June 2, 2019 – This 22-day itinerary brings guests to six countries and 19 ports of call. From Budapest to the pristine shores of Norway, guests will sail the Danube River into Austria’s vineyard-laden Wachau Valley and explore Germany’s historic castles along the Rhine River. In Amsterdam, guests will experience Holland’s famous windmills before boarding one of Viking’s 930-guest ocean ships and sailing north, calling on multiple ports in Norway, from cosmopolitan Stavanger to breathtakingly scenic Flåm. Finally, disembark in the historic fishing village of Bergen, home to the iconic, colorful 18th-century wooden row houses and the Bryggen wharf. This itinerary is also available in the reverse direction. Inclusive pricing starts at $8,748 per person.
- Rhine & Viking Shores & Fjords – Basel – Bergen; June 30, 2018; June 2, 2019 – Guests will experience highlights of the Rhine River and discover Nordic wonders by sea on this 15-day itinerary, exploring six countries and 15 ports. From artistic Basel to Germany’s storied Black Forest and Cologne’s iconic Cathedral, guests will immerse themselves in each city and discover its rich culture first-hand. In Amsterdam, guests will be transferred directly to one of Viking’s ocean ships and will continue their journey in the North Sea to Skagen, Denmark, before sailing through Norway’s dramatic fjords and disembarking in Bergen, a city with deep Viking roots. This itinerary is also available in the reverse direction. Inclusive pricing starts at $6,348 per person.
For more information on these special combination cruises, click here.
From now through April 30, 2018, Viking is offering US residents 2 for 1 cruise fares on select 2018 ocean and river cruise itineraries, with more savings on international air. For more information call Viking or speak with your travel agent.
- Viking Cruises Cancels Sailings Through August
- Canada Bans Cruise Ships Through October
- Looking Back: Celebrity Cruises Marks 30th Year in Service
- Why I’m Breaking My Cruise Rules to Sail Carnival Mardi Gras
- Cruise Podcast: Mariner of the Seas 2020 Review + News
- Mexico Vows to Welcome Cruise Ship Passengers
- Cruise Line Announces Return To Service For “Quick Getaways”
- Vegas Casinos Give Glimpse of Cruise Line Future
- Cruise Ship Ban in Australia Extended Until September
- Fact Check: Cruise Industry Illness and Cleanliness Standards
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Fact Check: Cruise Industry Illness and Cleanliness Standards
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Vegas Casinos Give Glimpse of Cruise Line Future
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Line Announces Return To Service For “Quick Getaways”
EDITORIAL2 days ago
Why I’m Breaking My Cruise Rules to Sail Carnival Mardi Gras