MSC Cruises has announced the lineup for the launch and Naming Ceremony of MSC Seaside, which will be held on December 21 in PortMiami. As part of the traditional ceremony, MSC Cruises will welcome special guests, entertainment, global media, partners, and Miami authorities for the event.
Headlining entertainment will include international superstar Ricky Martin and world-famous tenor Andrea Bocelli. Renowned for bringing latin music to the forefront, Martin will perform some of his most popular hits. Bocelli’s classic career has taken him all over the world, including performances for four US presidents, three Popes, the British Royal Family, and several Prime Ministers.
Making a guest appearance will be Miami football legend and Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino, who played for the Miami Dolphins for 17 years. MSC Cruises signed a partnership with the team earlier this year, becoming their official cruise line. Guests will have the chance to experience the Dolphins at sea and meet team alumni on a themed cruise aboard MSC Seaside in 2018.
The Master of Ceremonies for the launching event will be actor and TV host Mario Lopez, who will welcome guests to the festivities on MSC’s “Blue Carpet.” And of course, a Naming Ceremony wouldn’t be complete without the ship’s godmother, in this case Sophia Loren. As one of the most celebrated Italian actresses of our time, she will christen the ship with a ribbon-cutting and officially name the vessel.
- Australia Picks Up Displaced Princess Cruise Ship
- Cruise Line Employee Celebrates 50 Years at Sea
- First Time Royal Caribbean Cruise Guide
- 5 Things to Do in Costa Maya, Mexico
- Cruise Line Continues Screening for Coronavirus, Cancels Voyage
- 11 Ways to Decorate Your Stateroom Door
- Photo Tour: MSC Divina
- Social Media Helps Cruise Lines Secure a Younger Market
- Richard Branson’s Adults-Only Cruise Ship is Delivered
- Cruise Port Guide: What to Do in Astoria, Oregon