Celebrity Cruises is back in the beautiful Galápagos Islands.
The cruise line’s state-of-the-art expedition ship, Celebrity Flora, set sail on Sunday on a seven-night voyage from Baltra Island. It’s the first of Celebrity’s three expedition vessels to resume sailing in the archipelago.
On July 24, Celebrity Xpedition will set sail on her first cruise since the shutdown, followed by Celebrity Xploration on September 18. They will both explore the Galápagos as well, with Northern and Southern Loop itineraries.
“The Galapagos islands are a treasure and a destination that is incomparable to any other in the world. We couldn’t be more excited to welcome guests aboard the most special ship in this region for the very special, bucket-list voyage they have been dreaming of for so many months,” said Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo.
Celebrity Flora was built specifically to navigate the waters of the Galápagos, and was constructed with a variety of natural materials and the latest environmental technologies.
To fully immerse passengers in the landscape, certified naturalists from the Galápagos National Park will be onboard each cruise to help guide the journey.
Unique experiences for guests on these sailings include hiking volcanic landscapes and snorkeling alongside sea turtles. There will be two shore excursions daily, guided by the naturalists.
All of Celebrity Cruises’ ships will sail with a vaccinated crew this year. In the Galápagos Islands, U.S. visitors 16 and older must be fully vaccinated. As of August 1, all U.S. passengers 12 and older must be fully inoculated.
Requirements for non-United States guests vary — more details can be found at celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea.
As with any voyage, guests should regularly check the guidance on all health and safety measures as it is always evolving.
- Cruise Podcast: Majestic Princess Review + News
- Brazil Prepares to Welcome Cruise Ships Back in November
- Carnival Radiance Sails To North America, Starts Cruising December 13
- Cruise News Today — October 22, 2021 [VIDEO]
- 5 Incredible Places to See on a St. Petersburg, Russia Cruise
- Former Cruise Ship Now Home To World’s Largest Floating Nightclub
- Disney to Debut ‘Wish’ Themed Thanksgiving Day Parade Float
- Cruise Line Sails From Port Everglades For The First Time
- Cruise News Today — October 21, 2021 [VIDEO]
- New Residence Cruise Ship Adds Deck, Includes Remote Work Space, Pet Areas