Celebrity Cruises is back in the beautiful Galápagos Islands.
The cruise line’s state-of-the-art expedition ship, Celebrity Flora, set sail on Sunday on a seven-night voyage from Baltra Island. It’s the first of Celebrity’s three expedition vessels to resume sailing in the archipelago.
On July 24, Celebrity Xpedition will set sail on her first cruise since the shutdown, followed by Celebrity Xploration on September 18. They will both explore the Galápagos as well, with Northern and Southern Loop itineraries.
“The Galapagos islands are a treasure and a destination that is incomparable to any other in the world. We couldn’t be more excited to welcome guests aboard the most special ship in this region for the very special, bucket-list voyage they have been dreaming of for so many months,” said Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo.
Celebrity Flora was built specifically to navigate the waters of the Galápagos, and was constructed with a variety of natural materials and the latest environmental technologies.
To fully immerse passengers in the landscape, certified naturalists from the Galápagos National Park will be onboard each cruise to help guide the journey.
Unique experiences for guests on these sailings include hiking volcanic landscapes and snorkeling alongside sea turtles. There will be two shore excursions daily, guided by the naturalists.
All of Celebrity Cruises’ ships will sail with a vaccinated crew this year. In the Galápagos Islands, U.S. visitors 16 and older must be fully vaccinated. As of August 1, all U.S. passengers 12 and older must be fully inoculated.
Requirements for non-United States guests vary — more details can be found at celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea.
As with any voyage, guests should regularly check the guidance on all health and safety measures as it is always evolving.
- Former Carnival Cruise Ship Now Sails With Chinese Line
- Viking Celebrates Float Out of Second Expedition Ship
- Two Big Changes to Guy Fieri Restaurants on Mardi Gras
- MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — July 28, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Horizon, A Journey In Photos Day 2: Seas The Day
- Princess Cruises Celebrates 20 Years of Shore Power in Juneau
- Carnival Cruise Line Launches Summer 2021 Alaska Season
- Mexican Port Welcomes First Cruise Ship After 16 Months
- Icy Strait Point Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 562 Days
BEFORE YOU CRUISE2 days ago
Bimini Cruise Port: Everything You Need To Know
BEFORE YOU CRUISE15 hours ago
MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Win For Florida As Appeals Court Strikes Down CDC Cruise Restrictions
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
500 Days Later, Every Major Cruise Line Is Sailing Again