Princess Cruises’ newest ship is officially in service!
Enchanted Princess set sail on a 10-night Caribbean cruise this evening from Port Everglades, marking her first voyage with passengers. Though this is the vessel’s inaugural sailing, she will not be christened until December 13.
The ship’s current roundtrip southern Caribbean itinerary will visit the line’s private Bahamian destination Princess Cays, as well as St. Thomas, Dominica, Curaçao, and Aruba.
The 3,660 passenger vessel is part of Princess’ Royal-class, and is an evolution of the platform that was used on sister ships Royal, Regal, Majestic, and Sky Princess. A sixth Royal-class ship, Discovery Princess, is scheduled to debut early next year.
Here’s a tweet from Princess Cruises celebrating Enchanted Princess’ departure this evening:
#EnchantedPrincess has officially set sail! 🎉 Energy was high today as we welcomed guests aboard our newest ship for the very first time, including our first guests Rick and Sandy Janus. Be sure to follow along as we sail the Caribbean this week! #PrincessProud #PrincessCruises pic.twitter.com/6tqfBJUOyh
— Princess Cruises (@PrincessCruises) November 11, 2021
Highlights of the ship include:
- Sky Suites — First introduced on Sky Princess, the new luxury Sky Suites offer special amenities, attentive service, and a dedicated Suite Experience Manager. They also offer Princess’ largest balconies at sea, coming in at 1,000 square feet
- 25 Bars & Restaurants — Venues include Bistro Sur La Mer by Three Michelin Star Chef Emmanuel Renaut, Sabatini’s Italian Trattoria with its own Pasta Room, Crown Grill Steakhouse and Bar, Crooners, The Salty Dog Gastropub, and more.
- Aquatic Relaxation — In addition to multiple hot tubs, the vessel features two deep-tank pools as well as the Retreat Pool and an aft infinity-style Wakeview pool.
- Original Production Shows — First debuted on Sky Princess to rave reviews, this ship also showcases Rock Opera, featuring costumes inspired by glamorous avant garden fashion with a soundtrack spanning classic rock, opera, and musical theater. In addition, 5-SKIES with its technologically advanced production features a virtual gaming world, digital effects and acrobatics, intricate sets, and contemporary music.
- Take Five — First debuted on Sky Princess, Take Five showcases vintage footage, iconic imagery, and intimate conversations that transport you to the heart of the jazz era. Passengers can enjoy nightly live jazz while sipping cocktail favorites.
Enchanted Princess is scheduled to sail in the Caribbean this winter, then reposition to northern Europe from mid-spring through the summer. In September, Enchanted Princess will head back to the United States to operate Canada/New England voyages from New York City before heading back down to Fort Lauderdale.