Marriott has announced that The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection will join its Marriott Bonvoy rewards program effective November 9, 2021.
Marriott Bonvoy members can now earn and redeem points for voyages slated to begin May 6, 2022.
“It is exciting to expand our unparalleled portfolio of travel experiences with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection,” said David Flueck, Senior Vice President, Global Loyalty, Marriott International. “Marriott Bonvoy offers more unique accommodations than any program and this new offering is an incredible addition for our most discerning members.”
Marriott Bonvoy elite members will enjoy an elevated luxury experience during their voyage, including a private reception upon boarding and other recognition throughout the cruise.
“We are thrilled to announce that The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection will join the Marriott Bonvoy portfolio, creating a truly unrivaled offering for our members and guests,” said Chris Gabaldon, Senior Vice President, Luxury Brands for Marriott International. “As the iconic brand continues to evolve, the participation of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection in Marriott Bonvoy encourages both longtime Ritz-Carlton loyalists, those who are new to the brand, and guests across Marriott International’s portfolio, to earn and redeem points while exploring this incredibly exciting, elevated and immersive travel experience.”
Under Marriott Bonvoy, the Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection joins 30 hotel brands with 7,900 properties, in addition to 44,000 premium and luxury vacation rentals from Homes and Villas by Marriott International.
Here are some details on how Bonvoy members will be able to earn and redeem points while sailing with the Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection:
- Member will earn five points per $1 spent on the cruise fare only, as well as on the hotel package rate for participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels booked through The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection.
- Members can redeem an initial 180,000 points toward a $1,000 savings on the cruise fare, and increments of 90,000 points may be redeemed toward a $500 savings thereafter. Full redemption may be available.
- Members will receive one elite night credit per night on board toward achieving higher Elite status.
- Cruise fare and hotel package rate will be applied toward the annual qualifying spend for members striving for Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite status.
- Members can accelerate the points earned on their voyage purchase and even more when using their Marriott Bonvoy co-branded credit cards from JPMorgan Chase and American Express.
The company’s first yacht, Evrima, will cruise a variety of destinations including the Mediterranean, Caribbean, Central America, and South America. Its small size will allow it to call on locations not usually accessible to larger ships, including Saint-Tropez, Ibiza, and St. Barts.