Supermodel Christie Brinkley will serve as godmother of the Seven Seas Splendor and will christen the new ship in Miami on February 21, 2020.
“Christie Brinkley is a universally beloved icon who is synonymous worldwide for her beauty, style, and commitment to health and happiness,” said Jason Montague, president, and CEO of Regent Seven Seas Cruises. “It’s fitting that the Godmother of Seven Seas Splendor reflects timeless elegance, vitality, and sophistication.”
Brinkley, 65, is best known as a frequent cover model for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and inspiration for the hit Billy Joel song, Uptown Girl. She is also a representative for Cover Girl cosmetics.
The 750-passenger Seven Seas Splendor is currently under construction at the Fincantieri shipyard in Ancona, Italy. The luxury ship will offer 375 suites and among the largest balconies at sea. A culinary arts kitchen for cooking demonstrations, a multi-million dollar art collection and 5 restaurants are also onboard. The fifth ship in Regent’s fleet will set sail in February 2020. In her inaugural season, she’ll sail to the Caribbean from Miami and throughout the Mediterranean.
- Do I Need A Passport To Cruise?
- When is the Best Time To Cruise Alaska?
- What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
- Princess Cruises Sells Two Cruise Ships
- Cruise Lines Submit Plans to CDC; One Step Closer to Sailing
- Last Day To Share Cruise Comments With CDC
- Cruise Lines Submit Plan to CDC For Safe Return To Cruising
- Cruise Line Founder Dies At 91
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of September 13, 2020
- 7 Ways to Prepare Yourself for Any Cruise Trip
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Cruise Lines Submit Plan to CDC For Safe Return To Cruising
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Second Carnival Corporation Ship Returns To Cruising in Europe
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Cruise Line Details How They Are Keeping Guests Safe [VIDEO]
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Cruise Line Founder Dies At 91