Supermodel Christie Brinkley will serve as godmother of the Seven Seas Splendor and will christen the new ship in Miami on February 21, 2020.
“Christie Brinkley is a universally beloved icon who is synonymous worldwide for her beauty, style, and commitment to health and happiness,” said Jason Montague, president, and CEO of Regent Seven Seas Cruises. “It’s fitting that the Godmother of Seven Seas Splendor reflects timeless elegance, vitality, and sophistication.”
Brinkley, 65, is best known as a frequent cover model for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and inspiration for the hit Billy Joel song, Uptown Girl. She is also a representative for Cover Girl cosmetics.
The 750-passenger Seven Seas Splendor is currently under construction at the Fincantieri shipyard in Ancona, Italy. The luxury ship will offer 375 suites and among the largest balconies at sea. A culinary arts kitchen for cooking demonstrations, a multi-million dollar art collection and 5 restaurants are also onboard. The fifth ship in Regent’s fleet will set sail in February 2020. In her inaugural season, she’ll sail to the Caribbean from Miami and throughout the Mediterranean.
- First Hospital Ship En Route to New York City
- Cruise Line Rescue Could Come At A Price
- Seattle Puts 2020 Cruise Season On Pause
- Carnival Australia Extends Cruise Cancellations
- How to Change or Cancel a Carnival Cruise
- Royal Caribbean Suspends Cruises Until At Least May 12
- Closing Bell Update: Cruise Line Stocks Rebound
- Carnival Cruise Line Extends Pay For Displaced Crew Members
- Behind The Fight To Keep Cruise Lines Afloat
- Drone Captures Docked Cruise Ships [PHOTOS]