Supermodel Christie Brinkley will serve as godmother of the Seven Seas Splendor and will christen the new ship in Miami on February 21, 2020.
“Christie Brinkley is a universally beloved icon who is synonymous worldwide for her beauty, style, and commitment to health and happiness,” said Jason Montague, president, and CEO of Regent Seven Seas Cruises. “It’s fitting that the Godmother of Seven Seas Splendor reflects timeless elegance, vitality, and sophistication.”
Brinkley, 65, is best known as a frequent cover model for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and inspiration for the hit Billy Joel song, Uptown Girl. She is also a representative for Cover Girl cosmetics.
The 750-passenger Seven Seas Splendor is currently under construction at the Fincantieri shipyard in Ancona, Italy. The luxury ship will offer 375 suites and among the largest balconies at sea. A culinary arts kitchen for cooking demonstrations, a multi-million dollar art collection and 5 restaurants are also onboard. The fifth ship in Regent’s fleet will set sail in February 2020. In her inaugural season, she’ll sail to the Caribbean from Miami and throughout the Mediterranean.
- Royal Caribbean Exec Puts Buffet Rumors “To Rest”
- The Unexpected “Perk” Norwegian Is Giving Cancelled Cruisers
- Royal Caribbean Delays New Cruise Ship Until 2021
- European Cruise Line Cancels Sailings Through March 2021
- Carnival Cruise Ship Assists Stranded Vessel in Bahamas
- Cruise Experiences You Could Pay More For In The Future
- The Carnival Cruises You’ll Be Taking In 2022
- Cruise Ships Leave Asia for North America
- Last Major Cruise Line Cancels 2020 Alaska Sailings
- First Carnival Corp. Ship Sold Off During Shutdown