The Port of the Virgin Islands has confirmed that thousands of cruise passengers will return to the island of St. Thomas during the month of November. The port of St. Thomas has been predominantly closed since taking a beating from dueling hurricanes.
The arrival of the Seabourn Odyssey in St. Thomas on Friday, marked the first non-relief vessel to berth in the USVI since September 17, when Royal Caribbean’s Adventure of the Seas arrived in Frederiksted, St. Croix. The ship brought passengers to the island just days before Hurricane Maria struck.
Back to Business for Virgin Islands
Ships planning to dock in St. Thomas in the month of November include Seabourn Odyssey, Norwegian Gem, Princess Cruises’ Royal Princess, Royal Caribbean’s Adventure of the Seas and Jewel of the Seas, and Celebrity Cruises’ Silhouette, D.O.T. made known.
“Welcoming cruise visitors back to the U.S. Virgin Islands is a key element of our plan to boost economic activity, generate employment and stimulate recovery efforts,” stated Beverly Nicholson-Doty, D.O.T. commissioner, underscoring that as the recovery and construction economy kicks into higher gear, including important work to enhance the islands’ hotel product over the next year, it was important to get the cruise component of the economy moving forward.
The detailed cruise ship schedule for the St. Thomas-St. John district, which is subject to change, can be found here.
- Royal Caribbean Exec Puts Buffet Rumors “To Rest”
- The Unexpected “Perk” Norwegian Is Giving Cancelled Cruisers
- Royal Caribbean Delays New Cruise Ship Until 2021
- European Cruise Line Cancels Sailings Through March 2021
- Carnival Cruise Ship Assists Stranded Vessel in Bahamas
- Cruise Experiences You Could Pay More For In The Future
- The Carnival Cruises You’ll Be Taking In 2022
- Cruise Ships Leave Asia for North America
- Last Major Cruise Line Cancels 2020 Alaska Sailings
- First Carnival Corp. Ship Sold Off During Shutdown
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
First Carnival Corp. Ship Sold Off During Shutdown
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Cruise Ship Assists Stranded Vessel in Bahamas
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
The Carnival Cruises You’ll Be Taking In 2022
CRUISE NEWS23 hours ago
The Unexpected “Perk” Norwegian Is Giving Cancelled Cruisers