You have to wonder what’s going through a local’s mind when they see thousands of cruise passengers pile off a cruise ship and flood their port. The economic boost is great, but what do the locals think when they see a tidal wave of cruise guests storming the pier like the beaches of Normandy?
Here are seven things that are possibly going through a local’s mind when a cruise ship docks.
1. Money, Money, Money
All these people want a taste of the islands and will probably take whatever I have to offer them. Taxi tour, hair braiding, or a moped rental – nothing is off limits to make a little cash.
Read More: 9 First Time Cruise Tips to Know
2. Please stop using high school Spanish
We get it, you took Spanish in high school. That’s great, but we actually speak English here since we see millions of English speaking cruise passengers each year. Save your poor attempt at Español for the Mexican restaurant back home.
3. Our local beer taste like yours
We know you want a local beer, we hear it every day. We’re happy to serve you one, but keep in mind our local beer is probably brewed the same way your domestic beer is – except we’re charging a lot more.
4. Yes, we know where the USA is
Believe it or not, we do know where the United States is. We went to school too. There’s a difference between NASA at Kennedy Space Center and Nassau, Bahamas.
5. You don’t want to go to the nude beach
Okay, I’m happy to take you to Orient Bay Beach but the people you’re going to see there aren’t the people you’ll want to see. In fact, it will be just the opposite.
6. Your balloon hat looks ridiculous
It’s awesome you don’t live here because you look really ridiculous with that balloon hat on. So ridiculous that we’re happy to take a photo of you wearing it and sell the said photo to you for $20.
7. Gas the scooters up!
Alright, boys, gas the mopeds up. There are five thousand people flooding the streets who don’t know how to drive on the correct side of the road, and we are going to make some easy money by renting them out our vehicles anyways. “No one drive near the cruise pier!”
In all seriousness, know what you’re doing when you’re renting a moped. You don’t want to arrive to the pier as a passenger and leave as cargo.
- The Unexpected “Perk” Norwegian Is Giving Cancelled Cruisers
- Royal Caribbean Delays New Cruise Ship Until 2021
- European Cruise Line Cancels Sailings Through March 2021
- Carnival Cruise Ship Assists Stranded Vessel in Bahamas
- Cruise Experiences You Could Pay More For In The Future
- The Carnival Cruises You’ll Be Taking In 2022
- Cruise Ships Leave Asia for North America
- Last Major Cruise Line Cancels 2020 Alaska Sailings
- First Carnival Corp. Ship Sold Off During Shutdown
- Why Avoiding Chartered Cruises Is A Good Idea (For Now)
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
First Carnival Corp. Ship Sold Off During Shutdown
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Cruise Ship Assists Stranded Vessel in Bahamas
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
The Carnival Cruises You’ll Be Taking In 2022
CRUISE NEWS22 hours ago
The Unexpected “Perk” Norwegian Is Giving Cancelled Cruisers