Back when Carnival Cruise Line announced its Fun Ship 2.0 renovation program, it introduced a new cocktail venue called Alchemy Bar. Fast forward 11+ years, and the extremely popular bar can be found on nearly every ship in the fleet.
The Alchemy Bar has an old-timey pharmacy theme, where cocktails made from fresh ingredients are referred to as “remedies” and “elixirs.” Bartenders at this venue are called “mixologists,” and they wear uniforms reminiscent of white pharmaceutical coats.
If you don’t want something from the menu, you can always share your flavor preferences with the mixologist and they’ll whip up a custom cocktail. They can also make alcohol-free concoctions as well. Cocktails are $12, and zero-proof drinks are $7.
In this article:
- Martini Seduction: Grey Goose L’Orange Vodka, red passion fruit nectar, freshly squeezed lime juice, and a hint of orange
- French Kiss: Absolut Vanilia Vodka, Chambord, Domaine Chandon Sparkling Wine, and a touch of fresh lime
- The Deal Closer: Absolut Vanilia Vodka, Disaronno Amaretto, Irish Cream, and chocolate liqueur
- Revved Up Mojito Martini: Bombay Sapphire Gin, Dry Vermouth, simple syrup, freshly squeezed lime juice, and mint leaves
- The Perfect Storm: Bacardi Spiced Rum, Bacardi Rum, strawberry purée, a rosemary sprig, and fresh lime
- Spicy Chipotle Pineapple Martini: Belvedere Vodka, chipotle pineapple syrup, pineapple juice, simple syrup, and mint leaves
- Hearts of Fire: Bombay Sapphire, fresh thyme, and raspberries with Fever Tree Tonic
Fountain of Youth
- Forty is the New Twenty: Pama Pomegranate Liqueur, Grey Goose Vodka, cranberry juice, and citrus
- Cucumber Sunrise: Belvedere Vodka, watermelon nectar, muddled cucumber, fresh squeezed lime juice, and a splash of orange juice
- The Youthful & Bold Bertini: Absolut Raspberri Vodka, St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur, strawberries, fresh lime juice, and a splash of soda
Relief For What Ails
- The Remedy: Meyers’s Dark Rum, Malibu Coconut Rum, orange juice, pineapple, and fresh lime juice
- Pain Relief: Starr Rum, Bacardi 8, and Malibu Coconut Rum combined with fresh orange and pineapple juices
- The Quick Fix: Pernod Absinthe, Bacardi Rum, Grey Goose Vodka, Bombay Sapphire Gin, Midori, citrus, and a dash of Sierra Mist
- Purple Sunset: Bacardi Superior Rum, lavender syrup, fresh rosemary, and Domaine Chandon Sparkling Wine
- Alchemist’s Sidecar: Hennessy Black Cognac, Patrón Citrónge, fresh lime juice, and simply syrup
- Island Old Fashioned: Spiced infused Bacardi 8 Rum, sugar, water, and bitters
- Barrel Aged Negroni: Campari, Bulldog Gin, and Cinzano 1757 aged together in oak barrels
The Medicine Cabinet
- Moscow Mule: Grey Goose Vodka, fresh lime juice, and ginger beer
- Curative Peach Cosmopolitan: Absolut Citron Vodka, Peach Schnapps, cranberry juice, and fresh citrus
- Restorative Basil Drop: Belvedere Vodka, fresh basil, simply syrup, and fresh citrus
Note: Menus may vary by ship.