Back in 2011, Carnival Cruise Line teamed up with celebrity chef and TV personality Guy Fieri to create a one-of-a-kind burger joint at sea. Now, Guy’s Burger Joint is a fan-favorite counter-service restaurant available on every ship in the Carnival fleet.
By October 2011, it was on the first ship, Carnival Liberty. By 2016, Guy’s Burger Joint was on Carnival ships fleetwide. Every sailing 1,000s of guests bite into one of Fieri’s handcrafted burgers.
On every ship except Mardi Gras, the venue is located on the lido deck poolside, within close distance to the many loungers spread out around the deck. On Mardi Gras, the largest Guy’s Burger Joint at sea can be found one story from the lido deck between the RedFrog Tiki Bar and the Club O2 teen lounge.
Carnival cruise passengers can nosh on Guy’s burgers at lunchtime and throughout the afternoon. On Mardi Gras, the restaurant is also open for breakfast for those morning burger cravings.
Guy’s Burger Joint Lunch Menu
- Plain Jane — A 80/20 beef patty with or without S.M.C. (super melty cheese) where you make it your own creation at the toppings bar
- The Ringer — A 80/20 beef patty topped with super melty cheese, Guy’s signature bourbon and brown sugar BBQ sauce, and an onion ring.
- Chilius Maximus — Lots of cheese, chili, an onion ring, and Fieri’s signature Donkey Sauce (a sweet garlic aioli sauce)
- Pig Patty — If you love bacon this is for you! A burger topped with S.M.C. along with another patty made out of nothing but bacon.
- Straight Up — S.M.C., lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickle, topped off with Guy’s signature Donkey Sauce
Along with the burgers is a toppings bar that offers sautéed onions, mushrooms, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, and a variety of sweet, savory, and spicy condiments.
With each burger, Guy’s Burger Joint serves fresh, hand-cut french fries topped with Guy’s Signature Seasoning.
Guy’s Burger Joint Breakfast Menu
At the time of writing, Guy’s Burger Joint is also serving breakfast on Mardi Gras. Here’s the current breakfast menu:
- Plain Joe — 80/20 beef patty, two fried eggs, S.M.C. (super melty cheese), cheddar cheese, and a slathering of maple donkey sauce on a toasted bun
- All American — 80/20 beef patty, two fried eggs, S.M.C., cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, tomato, hash brown patty, and a slathering of maple donkey sauce on a toasted bun
- Prime Time Turkey — turkey breakfast sausage patty, maple gravy, provolone, crispy bacon, hash brown patty, and maple donkey sauce on a French toast bun
- Good Morning Morgan — roasted vegetable frittata patty, tomato, hash brown patty, and a slathering of maple donkey sauce on a toasted bun
All breakfast sandwiches are served with home fries, which to us appear to be the same hand-cut fries that are served at lunchtime.
If you’re not on a Carnival cruise ship and really craving a burger, Guy’s Flavortown Kitchen often launches limited time promotions in select cities through food delivery apps like Doordash, Grubhub, and Uber Eats.
This article was originally published in 2011, and was updated and republished in 2021.
- A Picky Eater’s Guide to Dining on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Foodie’s Delight: Silversea’s New S.A.L.T. Delivers ‘Local Tastes’
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 3: Tasting The Med, Onboard & Ashore
- MSC Divina Resumes Cruising From Port Canaveral
- Cruise Line Sets a New Single-Day Booking Record
- Cruise News Today — September 17, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Alaska Launches Bill To Let Cruise Ships Permanently Skip Canada
- MSC Bellissima’s Red Sea Deployment Extended
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 2: Enough About COVID, Let’s Have Fun
- Cruise News Today — September 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Updates Casino, Smoking Policies
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Oasis of the Seas Successfully Completes First Cruise From NYC Metro Area
REVIEWS4 days ago
Trip Report: Final Impressions of Carnival’s Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Caribbean Island Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 18 Months