As part of Carnival Cruise Line’s return to passenger operations, the line has returned to Montego Bay, Jamaica for the first time since the industry shutdown in March 2020.
Carnival Glory docked at the port on Wednesday, becoming Carnival’s first ship to dock there this year.
Her arrival into Montego Bay marked Carnival’s return to a second port in Jamaica, as other ships in the fleet have been calling in Ocho Rios since August 2021.
“We are delighted to return to Montego Bay and offer guests an opportunity to experience all of the beauty and charm of this Jamaican port,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. “On behalf of Carnival, I would like to thank our partners in Montego Bay for working with us to bring safe cruising and our guests back to Jamaica.”
Carnival Glory is currently on a 14-night Panama Canal cruise that departed New Orleans on November 28. In addition to Montego Bay, other calls along the way include Willemstad, Curaçao; Oranjestad, Aruba; Limón, Costa Rica; Mahogany Bay, Roatán; and Cozumel, Mexico.
Amenities and activities on Carnival Glory include the Serenity adults-only sundeck, WaterWorks aqua park, Lip Sync Battle: Carnival, Seuss at Sea programming, Camp Ocean kids’ clubs, and the Punchliner Comedy Club.
Onboard restaurants and bars include Guy’s Burger Joint, the Alchemy Bar, Seafood Shack, RedFrog Rum Bar, BlueIguana Tequila Bar, the steakhouse, and the BlueIguana Cantina.
Over half of Carnival Cruise Line’s ships are already back in service, and additional vessels will resume passenger cruises in the coming weeks and months.
All 22 of the line’s United States-based ships are scheduled to be back in guest operations by March 2022.
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]
- Cruise News Today — January 26, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Everything You Need To Know About MSC Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 25, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Disney Cruise Line to Offer ‘Pixar Day at Sea’ on Select 2023 Sailings