Carnival Cruise Line has partnered exclusively with Build-A-Bear Workshop to bring the customizable experience to sea. The first Build-A-Bear Workshop At Sea is going to be aboard Carnival Dream, and is expected to be fleetwide by summer 2017.
Carnival hosts 700,000 kids a year, so the partnership certainly makes sense for both the cruise line, and the retail company. The sea-going stuffed animal workshop will provide kids the opportunity to make their own cuddly friend that can be customized with a variety of outfits, including vacation wear like bathing suits and sunglasses. Animals include monkeys, leopards, turtles, dogs, and many more. There will also be a special St. Jude Bear with proceeds going to the children’s research hospital – another one of Carnival’s partners. Each animal comes with its own “birth certificate” with their name and date they were created, and a logo drawstring bag.
Guests will be able to make their plush friends at pop-up Build-A-Bear Workshop At Sea workstations in Camp Ocean, or at Build-A-Bear At Sea parties held on each voyage featuring music, bear-themed snacks, and photos ops. The pop-up workstations will be set up at various times throughout the cruise, and include the iconic stuffer that lets participants stuff their bear as cuddly as they want.
The new pop-up complements the wide variety of family-friendly activities aboard Carnival ships, including the kid’s clubs, water parks, mini golf courses, poolside movies, and sports courts.
Prices for the bears start at $20, and outfits and accessories start at $5.
- Holland America Details Special Cruise For Rotterdam Naming
- World’s Largest Cruise Ship Delivered to Royal Caribbean
- Carnival Australia Restart Pushed Back to June
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]