Earlier today, Fincantieri shipyard in Italy officially handed over Carnival Vista at a traditional maritime ceremony. Carnival Cruise Line is almost ready to take their new 133,500-ton ship on her first voyage.
Carnival Vista will reposition to Trieste, Italy for her maiden voyage which will depart on May 1, kicking off a European summer season through October. After a 13-day transatlantic cruise, the ship will run a pair of 11-day sailings from New York city in November, then launch year-round Caribbean cruises from Miami later that month.
“Carnival Vista is a spectacular addition to our fleet and we can’t wait for our guests to experience all of the ship’s exciting new features,” noted Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. “Carnival Vista will provide our guests an opportunity to create a lifetime of wonderful vacation memories while offering our valued travel agent partners another exciting vacation option to market to their clients,” she added.
Meet Carnival Vista
The 3,954-passenger ship features an all-new cycling experience called SkyRide, the first IMAX theater at sea, special Family Harbor staterooms, WaterWorks, and all of the eateries and bars that everyone has come to know and love on Carnival’s newest and updated ships. Reservations for voyages aboard Carnival Vista are currently being accepted.
Stay up to date with all of our previous Carnival Vista Countdown posts by clicking on the links below.
- Day 20: The Atrium
- Day 19: The Itineraries
- Day 18: Beer!
- Day 17: Those Sensation Showers!
- Day 16: Dining Room Décor
- Day 15: Hasbro Game Show
- Day 14: Dr. Seuss Bookville
- DAY 13: Escaping The Kids!
- Day 12: The Ultimate Dining Experience
- Day 11: Meet Your Cruise Director
- Day 10: Cherry On Top
- Day 9: The Dining Venues
- Day 8: Cocktail Hour!
- Day 7: The Hot Spot!
- Day 6: Seafood Shack
- Day 5: WaterWorks
- Day 4: IMAX Theater
- Day 3: Family Staterooms
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 15, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program