Celebrity Cruises is extending their partnership with Bravo Media for their popular “Top Chef at Sea” program to go through 2017. They’ve also announced a special “Top Chef” sailing, giving foodies an opportunity to sail with an incredible lineup of contestants. The cruise will be over New Year’s, setting sail aboard Celebrity Silhouette on December 30, 2016.
Guests will enjoy a number of special culinary experiences with four former “Top Chef” competitors, including:
- Jeremy Ford: Top Chef California winner, Chef de Cuisine at the Matador Room in Miami
- Doug Adams: Top Chef Boston finalist, Chef de Cuisine at Portland Penny Diner in Oregon
- Tiffany Derry: Top Chef DC and Top Chef All-Stars finalist, Owner of TD Concepts, Inc.
- Ask Fulk: Top Chef Las Vegas contestant, a chef in NYC
This year’s “Top Chef Signature Sailing” will bring all of these talented chefs together to host a one-of-a-kind pop-up restaurant. Guests will be able to explore their best dishes, and have a chance to mingle with the culinary artists once they’re done in the kitchen.
Throughout the cruise, food-loving guests can enjoy private cooking classes with the chefs, and chef-hosted shore excursions to get advice and tips from some of the best at sea. The voyage will also feature cooking demos with questions and answers with the audience.
In addition to this special sailing, Celebrity will continue to offer interactive Quickfire Challenges and “Top Chef”-inspired menu evenings across the fleet for all sailings through June 2017 (except aboard Celebrity Xpedition). Quickfire challenges will let guests get a taste of the pressure contestants experience on the TV show. Travelers will also be able to indulge in a selection of the dishes the judges loved on the series at “Top Chef Night” in the main dining room.
The “Top Chef Signature Sailing” will set sail on December 30, 2016 on a 9-night eastern Caribbean holiday getaway from Fort Lauderdale, and will stop in St. Thomas, Antigua, St. Maarten, and Puerto Rico.
featured photo: flickr/Steven Straiton
- Everything You Need To Know About MSC Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 25, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Disney Cruise Line to Offer ‘Pixar Day at Sea’ on Select 2023 Sailings
- Carnival Jubilee Cruise Bookings Open For Sale
- Carnival Liberty Resumes Sailing From Port Canaveral
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises