Celebrity Cruises has unveiled their first ever brand-designed cruise terminal, Terminal 25 (T25), at Port Everglades in Hollywood, Florida. Designed to complement the new modern ship Celebrity Edge, the terminal features the latest technology and a sleek design.
Brought to life with Port Everglades and architectural firm Bermello Ajamil & Partners, Inc., the terminal will feature a 1,463-square-foot GKD Mediamesh that will wrap around the exterior, contrasting with 18,000-square-feet of outward facing glass. It will also include a special area for Suite Class guests with an exclusive lounge, elevator lobbies, screening areas, and a rooftop terrace.
Crew also get a purpose-built lounge just for them – the first of any Royal Caribbean Cruises terminal. It will offer free wifi, TV access, storage, and quiet places for employees.
“We are replacing two smaller and outdated cruise terminals with an innovative facility that is inspired by the sleek, futuristic design of Celebrity Edge and can accommodate some of the world’s largest cruise ships,” said Port Everglades Chief Executive and Port Director Steven Cernak. “The time was right to build a new Terminal 25 that uses cutting-edge technology, such as electronic media-mesh for innovative messaging, to attract contemporary travelers who want to explore the world.”
Scheduled to be completed in late October, T25 will be the new home to a number of Celebrity ships during the winter, including Celebrity Edge, Infinity, Reflection, and Silhouette. Along with the vessels, the terminal will be LEED certified and able to accommodate ships up to 1,150 feet long. When Celebrity isn’t using the facility, it will be open to other cruise lines.
Currently, Port Everglades welcomes around 335,000 Celebrity guests each year. Once the terminal is finished, the port anticipates nearly 500,000 Celebrity travelers to pass through.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 6, 2021
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Mardi Gras Behind The Scenes: How Carnival’s First LNG Ship Fuels Up