The American Queen Steamboat Company has announced that construction will begin soon on a new riverboat for the fleet – American Duchess. The boat will launch in June 2017, and feature the largest suites on the river in every category as well as include nothing but suite accommodations.
The 166-guest American Duchess will be the third boat for the company, and follows in the pedigree of the line’s namesake, American Queen. The steamboat will offer overnight stays in port, including in Nashville, as well as shorter itineraries from the “music city” and New Orleans, as well as departures from Chicago for the very first time.
The new vessel will feature three large Owners’ Suites; four duplex style, two floor Loft Suites; and spacious Veranda Suites and Interior Suites. It will also feature two dining venues with open seating – The Grand Dining Room and The Grill Room.
A Bit of History
The line’s flagship American Queen is the largest riverboat in the world, and sails along the Mississippi River and its tributaries. She is modeled after steamboats of the past, and features a steam-powered paddlewheel, shaded decks, and lots of fine decor and details. When in port, coaches provide guests with complimentary excursions that explore the towns and cities along the river.
For more information, visit americanqueensteamboatcompany.com.
Featured photo: American Queen by Mike on Flickr
- Viking’s Newest Ocean Cruise Ship Named and Welcomed to the Fleet
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — May 18, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival President Tells NBC Nightly News They Still Plan on July Restart
- Another Carnival Corp. Ship Resumes Cruises From Italy
- CDC Eases Testing Requirements For Fully-Vaccinated Cruise Passengers
- New Norwegian Cruise Ship Boasts Record-Breaking Sales
- Royal Caribbean Pulls Odyssey Out Of Israel As Violence Increases
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Upcoming Mardi Gras’ Godmother
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of May 9, 2021
- 11 Popular Things To Do in Key West, Florida
DESTINATIONS5 days ago
5 Free Public Beaches in Nassau, Bahamas
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Florida’s Governor Just Insulted a Major Cruise Line
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Federal Court Judge To Decide On Florida’s Call For Injunction Over CDC Rules
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Sensation Arrives at US Port to Begin Crew Vaccinations [PHOTOS]