Cozumel Hoping to Be a Caribbean Homeport
Cozumel, Mexico is reaching out to European cruise lines in hopes of convincing them to homeport there for Caribbean cruises.
The tourism-dependent island is struggling under the financial burden of no cruise ship visits, and can’t wait much longer for ships to resume sailing from the U.S.
In a recent interview, Cozumel mayor Pedro Joaquín Delbouis said “If they cannot leave from the United States, let them make a route to the Caribbean sailing from Cozumel.”
Other route ideas that wouldn’t have to enter U.S. waters include voyages from Progreso, Yucatan, and Havana, Cuba.
Royal Caribbean Keeping Quantum of the Seas in Singapore
Royal Caribbean has extended the Singapore season for Quantum of the Seas.
Previously, the ship was supposed to stay there through March 21. Now, Quantum will continue operating short two, three, and four-night cruises to nowhere from Singapore through June 21, 2021.
The vessel successfully resumed sailings from Singapore in December.
People Are Beyond Ready to Travel Post-Pandemic
According to a study commissioned by Vrbo, 65 percent of respondents plan to travel more post-pandemic than before. 54 percent say they’re more likely to take that big bucket-list trip.
That’s music to the ears of a struggling travel industry, which has seen a massive cut in revenue due to the global pandemic.
And the best news? Demand for cruising is stronger than ever, despite ships having not sailed from the U.S. in nearly a year.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 6, 2021
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
REVIEWS5 days ago
Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Part 1: Getting There is Half the Battle
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Another Cruise Ship Cleared to Sail From Florida