Holland America Line has revealed details on its 2024-2025 South America and Antarctica winter season.
From November 2024 through March 2025, Oosterdam will offer voyages ranging from 14 to 22 days that allow guests to visit Machu Picchu, round Cape Horn, and sail south towards Antarctica.
In February 2025, Zaandam will offer a 27-day Amazon adventure roundtrip from Port Everglades that navigates the longest river in the world.
South America and Antarctica Season Highlights
14-day South American Passage itineraries between San Antonio, Chile and Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Guests enjoy an overnight visit to Buenos Aires at the beginning or end of each cruise, giving extra time to take in a tango show and experience the nightlife of the city
- Ports include Puerto Montt, Puerto Chacabuco, and Punta Arenas, Chile; Ushuaia, Argentina; Stanley, Falkland Islands; and Montevideo, Uruguay
- Scenic cruising includes the Chilean Fjords, Strait of Magellan, Beagle and Cockburn Channels, Glacier Alley, and rounding Cape Horn
- Departures: December 1, 2024; February 19, 2025; and March 5, 2025
17-day Panama Canal and Inca Discovery cruises between Fort Lauderdale and San Antonio
- Two nights at Callao (Lima), Peru
- Calls in Grand Cayman, Panama, Ecuador, Peru, and Chile, with an overnight at Fuerte Amador, Panama
- A transit through the lakes and locks of the Panama Canal
- Departures: November 14, 2024 and March 19, 2025
22-day South America and Antarctica voyages between San Antonio and Buenos Aires
- An overnight visit to Buenos Aires at the beginning or end of the cruise
- Calls in Uruguay, Argentina, the Falkland Islands, and Chile
- Four days exploring the vistas of Antarctica, guided by a naturalist who comes on board to point out penguin colonies and whale pods
- Scenic cruising includes the Chilean fjords, Drake Passage, Beagle Channel, and Glacier Alley
- Departures: December 15, 2024; January 6, 2025; and January 28, 2025
MORE: Cruise Ships Flock to Texas Port, Ranked Fourth in North America
Amazon Explorer Cruise Highlights
27-day voyage roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale
- Departing February 8, 2025 aboard Zaandam
- 12 total ports in the Caribbean and Brazil, as well as French Guiana
- Caribbean islands include St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago, Barbados, Dominica, and Tortola
- Five ports throughout Brazil, including an overnight at Manaus at the heart of the Amazon
- Several days cruising along the Amazon River with the famed “meeting of the waters” where the deep, dark Rio Nefro flows side-by-side with the waters of the Amazon’s Rio Solimões
- Two equator crossings where guests and team members who’ve never crossed go from pollywog to shellback
Have It All Early Booking Bonus
For a limited time, when guests book 2024-2025 South America and Antarctica voyages with the Have It All premium package, the standard package amenities of shore excursions, specialty dining, a Signature Beverage Package and Surf Wi-Fi are included — plus the added perk of free prepaid gratuities, along with free upgrades to the Elite Beverage Package and Premium Wi-Fi.
Guests can also take advantage of the Mariner Society Early Booking Bonus. Mariner Society loyalty members can enjoy up to $400 onboard credit per cabin when select voyages open for sale. Guests must book by June 5, 2023 to take advantage of the Mariner Society Early Booking Bonus.
READ NEXT: Princess Cruises Details New Winemaker Dinner, Soon Available Fleetwide