Holland America Line has announced some changes to its summer 2021 European cruise schedule.
While the company continues to work with governments and port authorities, it has made the decision to cancel the remainder of the summer European sailings aboard two ships: Nieuw Statendam and Volendam.
This affects voyages that were scheduled to depart from September through November, along with the Collectors’ Voyages (combined cruises) that were associated with those departures.
Rotterdam’s Maiden Voyage Delayed
Additionally, after an expected on-schedule delivery from the Fincantieri shipyard on July 30, the line’s new ship Rotterdam will remain in non-guest operations until its 14-night September 26 cruise from Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Port calls on that voyage include Copenhagen, Denmark; Warnemunde, Germany; Tallinn, Estonia; St. Petersburg, Russia; Helsinki, Finland; Stockholm, Sweden; Kiel, Germany; and Aarhus, Denmark.
Previously, Rotterdam‘s maiden voyage was set for August 1, 2021.
Plans for the vessel’s naming ceremony are still being finalized.
Canceled Cruise Options
Those currently booked on now-canceled Nieuw Statendam and Volendam departures will automatically be moved to a 2021 cruise on Eurodam in the Mediterranean, beginning with the August 15 cruise through the October 30 transatlantic crossing. Each person will receive $100 in onboard credit.
Guests on either of those two ships can also choose to move to an equivalent cruise in 2022 at the 2021 fare, or receive a 110 percent future cruise credit.
Passengers currently booked on a now-canceled Rotterdam cruise may choose an equivalent sailing in 2022 at the 2021 fare as well, or they can choose to receive a 110 percent future cruise credit of any cash paid.
The final option for anyone on a canceled voyage is a full refund of all money that has already been paid to Holland America Line.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 6, 2021
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Mardi Gras Behind The Scenes: How Carnival’s First LNG Ship Fuels Up