Holland America Line has announced that it’s running a special offer for members of the United States military.
The line will be adding $100 in onboard spending credit to any cruise booking that departs from San Diego from now through December 31, 2021. This Military Appreciation Offer is available to active and retired members of the military, with San Diego being an especially convenient port for the many troops stationed in southern California.
The offer is available on seven-night cruises to Mexico and the California Coast aboard Koningsdam and the December 23, 2021 10-night Mexico Holiday departure on Zuiderdam.
The U.S. military has a large presence in San Diego with Naval Base San Diego — the U.S. Navy’s largest base o the west coast and the principal homeport of the Pacific Fleet.
In total, the state of California has 32 military bases across all branches, with the Navy and Marine Corps’ bases clustered most heavily around San Diego.
On the ships, the credit can be used for shore excursions, spa treatments, beverages, specialty dining, gift shop purchases, and more. The offer is valid with standard cruise-only fares, as well as the cruise line’s Have It All premium fare that includes four perks: shore excursions, a drink package, specialty dining, and wifi.
Highlights of Koningsdam include the Greenhouse Spa & Salon, BBC Earth in Concert, Pinnacle Grill steakhouse, French restaurant Rudi’s Sel De Mer, Club HAL for kids, a casino, Nami Sushi, and four distinct live music venues: Billboard Onboard, B.B. King’s Blues Club, Lincoln Center Stage, and Rolling Stone Rock Room.
Koningsdam is 99,500 gross registered tons, and holds 2,650 passengers at double occupancy. In 2019, the vessel won best mid-sized cruise ship in the 2019 USA Today 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards.
- Cruise News Today — October 19, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Two More Caribbean Islands
- Cruise Line Rolls Out Sports Betting in Recent App Update
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Princess Cays
- Final Thoughts: 9 Pros and Cons of Majestic Princess
- Cruise News Today — October 18, 2021 [VIDEO]
- MSC Will Pay River Cruise Line $2.7 Million After 2019 Collision
- Tampa Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 19 Months
- 9 Freebies on Cruise Ships
- Third U.S. Based Princess Cruise Ship Resumes Service