TravAllianceMedia has announced their 2016 awards, and Holland America was recognized with multiple honors this year. They won a gold award for “Best Mid-Sized Cruise Line, US and Canada” and silver awards in “Best Cruise Line, Premium,” “Best Cruise Line, Alaska,” “Best Mid-Sized Cruise Line, Central America,” and “Best Shore Trips/Excursions.” Quite a lineup!
Finalists for the Travvy Awards were chosen by 39,000 travel professionals, and two winners in each category were picked by the company’s editorial team. They were announced in New York City at a ceremony on January 6.
In 2016, the cruise line will have a variety of Canada/New England cruises from seven to sixteen days, including several voyages that highlight the change in foliage colors in autumn. For almost 70 years, Holland America has been at the top of the Alaska cruising sector, and this year will do 149 voyages to The Last Frontier. Seven ships will offer Alaska explorations and Land+Sea Journeys, including the upcoming repositioning of ms Nieuw Amsterdam. In Central America, the line will feature five ships this year sailing Panama Canal itineraries. Those cruises will be from 14 to 20 days.
Holland America’s Journeys Ashore program for shore excursions received a silver award. The company has over 10,000 tours, and cater to travelers of all types and ages, from newbies, history buffs, cruisers that want to give back, people who’ve cruised all their lives, and everyone in between.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Drink Packages May Be the Biggest Challenge Facing Cruising’s Resumption