For the 24th year in a row, Holland America Line has been named the Best Overall Cruise Value 2016 in the World Ocean & Cruise Liner Society’s annual Best Cruise Value Awards. Once again, the line received high marks in the High-Deluxe, 5-Star-Plus, Large Ships category for their premium vacation experience.
WOCLS members are experienced cruisers who, on average, take two voyages each year. They review all lines annually, and in 2016 they noted that “we continue to feel [Holland America] offers the very best cruise value.”
The also noted that “Holland America provides its passengers with traditional old world charm and sophistication while featuring numerous small touches that are either overlooked by other cruise lines or have been eliminated by them in cost-cutting measures. More affordable pricing should not always mean less quality, service, and touches.”
To take top honors in their category, WOCLS said that even when adding new tonnage such as the Koningsdam, the line continues to offer a traditional cruising experience with a bit of modern flair, and has more personalized service than any other line in the category. They also noted that there is excellent consistency across the entire fleet.
Congratulations, Holland America!
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 15, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program